• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Y'all clearly haven't driven by Gaffney SC.

06715v.jpg
that's the one I was talking about, you can see more clearly why it's called the poopin' peach

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
431107251_10227399831955551_3411786155214677245_n.jpg

(translation for the non French speaking: Golfing in Belgium, a 18 hole course in every neighbourhood...)
Mind you, I love New England.
I really do.
New England is interesting.
How so? I hear you ask.

Well -- as one example, here in northern New England, we have six seasons.
Four of them are pretty common most everywhere, but the other two are somewhat peculiar.
In order, the six are:
Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter
Mud Season
Black Fly Season

Guess which season's just getting underway?

(looks like something Norman Rockwell might have painted -- one day if he were in a particularly grouchy mood)

Photos of our (dirt) road, taken yesterday.

In full disclosure, I am thrilled to say that the town road crew appeared early this morning with a grader and a couple of big dump trucks full of material to do some mitigation. :) They are pretty good, but there are quite few of unpaved roads in town, so they're busy these days.

Maintaining unpaved roads is like painting a (long) bridge -- it's a task that never ends.

Bleib

Major Contributor
1709672816189.jpeg

1709672829683.jpeg

1709672879143.jpeg

Waxx

Major Contributor
Nice. Is that actually Joanna Lumley?
I think it is, i've seen her wearing this t-shirt at least in real life at least, but in a different setting and she looks like that today...

And the Patsy Stone persona is not that far from herself, she was known as a party animal in her younger years altough she's far from that arrogant as Patsy is in Absolutly Fabulous.

Waxx

Major Contributor
Mind you, I love New England.
I really do.
New England is interesting.
How so? I hear you ask.

Well -- as one example, here in northern New England, we have six seasons.
Four of them are pretty common most everywhere, but the other two are somewhat peculiar.
In order, the six are:
Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter
Mud Season
Black Fly Season

Guess which season's just getting underway?

(looks like something Norman Rockwell might have painted -- one day if he were in a particularly grouchy mood)

Photos of our (dirt) road, taken yesterday.

In full disclosure, I am thrilled to say that the town road crew appeared early this morning with a grader and a couple of big dump trucks full of material to do some mitigation. :) They are pretty good, but there are quite few of unpaved roads in town, so they're busy these days.

Maintaining unpaved roads is like painting a (long) bridge -- it's a task that never ends.
It's not that different here in the Hainaut region here in Belgium (where i live). Even if the farmers road where i live is asphalted, you don't see that much asphalt because of the layers of mud on it now. I have a new car since a month and a half and it's already totally covered in mud just by being parked next to the road at my house. And washing it in this season has no use, it will be covered in mud again in a few hours... I need to wait untill the rains stops (probally end of the month) to wash it and keep it relative clean.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not that different here in the Hainaut region here in Belgium (where i live). Even if the farmers road where i live is asphalted, you don't see that much asphalt because of the layers of mud on it now. I have a new car since a month and a half and it's already totally covered in mud just by being parked next to the road at my house. And washing it in this season has no use, it will be covered in mud again in a few hours... I need to wait untill the rains stops (probally end of the month) to wash it and keep it relative clean.
I'm sure it is verboten now. When i was a kid in the 1960s, dirt roads near farms would of course go past a farm house every mile or so. A couple hundred yards in each direction they would mist it with waste oil. This kept the dust down around the house.

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
that's the one I was talking about, you can see more clearly why it's called the poopin' peach
When I was wee, we would routinely drive up 85 between the bustling metropoli of Spartanburg and Charlotte. Gaffney's about halfway and the Big Peach certainly led to jokes of being in the ass end of nowhere

Top Bottom