• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 75 29.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 136 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.6%

• Total voters

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
don't know it any has ansewered this question but ho much more powewr does this amp has with a 42v or 48v power adapter com pared to the 32v, is it like the fosi audio v3 review ?

saberger0357

don't know it any has ansewered this question but ho much more powewr does this amp has with a 42v or 48v power adapter com pared to the 32v, is it like the fosi audio v3 review ?
No measurements seem to exist, at least accurate one’s. We know per Amir’s review that it outputs a bit more at 4 ohms with the 32V then the V3 so perhaps it’s a reasonable assumption that it would be capable of outputting 150-200 @4 ohms with the 48V.

gasolin75

I bough one but sadly you can't get it with a 42v (audiophonics has one 42v laptop psu) or a 48v psu instead of the 32v psu

I don't need more power than what the amp has with a 32v psu, 46watt in 8 ohm is enough, i just want to have more so at the same volume with a 42v or 48 v psu, it's much cleaner sounding,distortion free at the same max levels as with the 32 v psu which i 46 watt in 8 ohm and 95-99 watt in 4 ohm

With how loud i play, i have not heat problems with my BT20A

Signal to noise ratio is very colse to be the same in both channels 0.1 and 0.3 db, power,watt, each channel is a bit of balance but hope it's not a problem

-10db attenuatuator on my fosi audio BT20A is just enough and it makes me able to use all the volume range with no distortion at all, edm techno just turn the volume all the way up when you wnat it loud, no distortion

bass,treble incase there are some slightly unbalance in the sound, on my bt20a what you would think is neutral (12 o'clock) isn't

Different chipset dual 3116 vs 3255

Under 100 euro with delivery from amazone.de will arrive monday

Tube rolling i think is possible, can you do tube rolling,change op amps on the Tb10d amp ?

Last edited:

gasolin75

Teardown

Pretty big heatsink compared to the Aiyima A07

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Class D Chip Teardown.jpg

gasolin75

In the first number i feel the piano is more forward on the fosi amp

gasolin75

The 32v 5a fosi audio power supply isn't that great

Atm i use this 24v 10a power supply for my fosi audio TB20A, it was cheap but had to pay import taxes and handling fee, have had no noise issue from the amp and from the power supply

What better power supply can be recommended ? 32,36,42 or 48 v

Anything else ? I want to stay under 50 euros with delivery

gasolin75

Received mine

24v 10a power supply, with 10db attenuators max volume is low compared to my BT20A (older version) much more without, a little sparkle sound when using my 24v power supply, power was on from the psu when connected to the amp that was off

No pop sound turning it on,off :)

80's pop not much bass,more bass oriented or just edm,dance music theres more bass

Treble centered can be to much, def not neutral when tone controls at 12 o'clock or center, surprised i have to for my personally taste lower the highs more than the bass, trebles just under 9 o'clcok, bass 10 o'clock, on my BT20A hight was ever so slightly higher around 11 o'clock

12 o'clock clean and loud with a 24v 10a laptop power brick and dynaudio emit m10 (no attenuators) 11 o'clock seems perfectly loud for nearfield,wouldn't like to use all of the clean power it's got with 48v with my dynaudios, no noise playing music that would feel anoying both channels seems to be equal loud within low tolerances (slight difference when amirm measured it)

Clear midrange, somewhat energetic highs out of the box, good punchy,tight, mabye a little dry, not super deep bass,wider soundstage,depth than my bt20a, good dynamics,punch in the lows playing the spirit of dun dun by steve smith, nothing like a big amp and thigh sounding speakers with 12" pa subs,bass (could be big jbl tower speakers) but stil good,musical

Knobs are black,the amp is dark grey or a lighter nuance of black,not the same as the knobs,led on is not noticeable from the side and are very weak (not at all annoying).

Highly recommended

Glad i didn't buy the Fosi audio V3 although it from audiophonics comes with a 48v power supply, i think the sound is out of balance for my taste and speakers, because of how i have adjusted the treble,bass, i don't think the v3 would have the same level of highs and lows as i have adjusted it to, neutral might be a different to what i have adjusted and also to how the v3 sounds

gasolin75

Update, i tried the stock 32 5 a power supply, pop sound when turning the amp off,even with a high quality powe cable IsoTek EVO3 INITIUM

My 24v 10a power supply has no pop sound on,off AND it sounds louder with the 24v 10a power supply

How good are these 2 power supplys ?

https://fosiaudioshop.com/collections/power-adapter/products/fosi-audio-48v-gan-power-supply (where to get it cheapest from a european store,seller ?)

2023-09-03 10_34_47-Factory direct sales DC 24V 10A 240W Power Supply For LED Light Audio Digi...png

gasolin75

No measurements seem to exist, at least accurate one’s. We know per Amir’s review that it outputs a bit more at 4 ohms with the 32V then the V3 so perhaps it’s a reasonable assumption that it would be capable of outputting 150-200 @4 ohms with the 48V.
Tht is the rated power but i only think it's total both channels if so it seems a little low using a 24v 4.5 power supply,we all know it might not play 2x300 watt with a 48v 10a power supply unless it's 10% + it's not usefull since you don't wanna listen to somthing with 10% thd and for how long can it do that, 1 song ? (4-5 min max).

Give us real specs,power it can do 24/7 with 0.1% and 1% thd, i should have 100 watt pr channel in 6 ohm with a 24v 10a power supply ?

what is most important if if you have above 32v and 5 amp, current or amp ? Current for difficult to drive speakers (torque) and volt for high power,top speed (horsepower) ?
2023-09-02 21_16_35-Fosi Audio TB10D 600 Watt TPA3255 Mini Amplifier HiFi Stereo Class D Ampli...png

Last edited:

saberger0357

The measurements in Amir’s review indicate at 1% the TB10D capable of roughly 100w @ 4 ohms with the 32v psu. This is similar to the V3. So it would seem to be fair that given the V3’s ability to double its output at 1% with the 48v psu the TB10D would have similar results. So perhaps 90 or so @8 ohms and close to 200 @ 4. Not that different from the rated specs in above chart which is quite good as far as I’m concerned.

gasolin75

Tht is the rated power but i only think it's total both channels if so it seems a little low using a 24v 4.5 power supply,we all know it might not play 2x300 watt with a 48v 10a power supply unless it's 10% + it's not usefull since you don't wanna listen to somthing with 10% thd and for how long can it do that, 1 song ? (4-5 min max).

Give us real specs,power it can do 24/7 with 0.1% and 1% thd, i should have 100 watt pr channel in 6 ohm with a 24v 10a power supply ?

what is most important if if you have above 32v and 5 amp, current or amp ? Current for difficult to drive speakers (torque) and volt for high power,top speed (horsepower) ? View attachment 309524

20% diffrence between the 48v 5a and 10a i guess i should have 100 watt peak or more in 6 ohm (dynaudio emit m10) with a 32v 10a from audiophonics ?

or this one if i can find it form a european store for no more then then one from audiophonics

gasolin75

power supply received

gasolin75

Hard to belive but my Nad C717 outperforms my fosi audio tb10d it's not as bright forward in the highs as the fosi audio amd (32v,10a quality power supply from audiophonics in france), it sounds fuller,louder,punchier in the bass, louder despite rated at 2x20 and 2x30 watt in 6 ohm max i use is 40 out of 60, highs bass is -2db, on my fosi amp a little lower in the highs then the bass, 3-4 db down compared to 12 o'clock, slighty wider soundstage

TikBLang

In the first number i feel the piano is more forward on the fosi amp

Yep. In the first half minute you can tell Fosi is as good as the Marantz. Marantz is better no doubt but for starting to dive in and listen to proper music, Fosi is okay for the price.

gasolin75

Im not using my fosi audio amp, i realised my nad amp sounds better, more neutral at high levels, more warm sounding

If i still have it i the future i might try a 40v + power supply

TikBLang

Hello Fosi, any plans to retrofit a bridgeable version of your unsold TB10D? could call it version TB10D-m (for mono) or TB10D-b (b for bridge) or better yet, TB10D.3 (3 for the third iteration). Also, you could make more money (and save us something) if you sell the 48V as an option on your site. On a side note, most of us want the power amp wired, so Bluetooth is not important (-BT20A Pro). (And if someone 'really' needs Bluetooth later on, it can be added via a dongle/pigtail).

These options may encourage your customers to purchase two units.

Last edited:

gasolin75

TikBLang

They do sell a 48 volt power supply, from where do get it that they dont sell one seperatly

why would they make a mono version

Just get 2 from sabaj if you need power https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi...bluetooth-50-2x170w-1x350w-4-ohm-p-17037.html
"why would they make a mono version"
To have more power for cheap (around $150 for two). I already have decent power supplies and just want to get enough juice to power speakers. And I'm confident, there will be left over because of the bad review it gets from Youtube.

The TB10D is perfect for me if it has an option (a toggle or slider switch) to select stereo or mono. I may buy two if they offer the DIY kit version for say =,<$60 dollars each. The NAD C268 is $1,000 a unit, and as a newcomer to sound, I did not want to indulge and spend over $2k in an audio amplifier.

Last edited:

gasolin75

you don't need mono version of the amp or bridgeable amps

Just buy more sensitive speaker if you need more power , something like tekton https://tektondesign.com/

Or for control buy 2 and use them for bi amping

Last edited:
Top Bottom