• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 94 33.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 165 59.4%

• Total voters

Bleib

Major Contributor
The chassis seems pretty large for the amp, I bet there are lots of empty space inside. But hey, it "looks professional", right?
Take a look at the PSU for PA5, that one is rather huge
1688408286490.jpeg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Take a look at the PSU for PA5, that one is rather huge
View attachment 296556
I am in favor of having the PS inside the chassis, sure, but I think still it would have lots of empty room. A single teardown photo would be great.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is this really double sided tape to fixate the power supply? :oops:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh it is not as deep a chassis as I thought, very short actually. No space wasted indeed.

Bleib

Major Contributor

wemist01

Sorry if this has been covered - I jumped from page 4 of comments to here. Where might this be sold? Nothing comes up online.

Reactions: pdb

JeffGB

OK, here are a couple of quick shots:
View attachment 296564

View attachment 296565

No, I am not taking the heatsink off to find the IC amp. :)
Ah, it looks like the PA5 without the encapsulation of the input opamps plus the addition of an internal power supply, larger chassis, and better volume control with remote, for a lower price. If the reliability is good, this is an awesome device! As an owner of the PA5, I await the reliability results from users with bated breath :). I have a FOSI V3 on order and am using an Aiyima a07 in place of my still working PA5 because climate change is burning us to death and causes stuff to run very hot in the summer.
Thank you for your efforts, Amir!

Tovarich007

This made me curious as well

Me too. if so, not at all SOTA quality of construction.
This amp doesn't impress me that much for its performances/power, and not for its inside too.
But maybe it's not a definitive production amp that has been sent to Amir.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Me too. if so, not at all SOTA quality of construction.
This amp doesn't impress me that much for its performances/power, and not for its inside too.
But maybe it's not a definitive production amp that has been sent to Amir.
Well, for me it looks like an improved PA5 (I've had it and it sounded terrific, sold it because of reliability fears), as JeffGB also points out above

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
TP may not be the best name for a quality audio product. In high school people use to TP other students homes. It was a sign of recognition with toilet paper strung through their front yard trees. TP is still short for Toilet Paper to most Americans. Not sure I would want an amp with the same name? Only a non-US company would make this mistake. :D
Yeah, no shiit. Who in the US would want any products with that type of name? :D

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is this (alu ?) PSU shield standard?
Tied with tape???

I hope it's only this sample,intended for measurements so not to have mains noise cause there's no other logic behind it.

dukanvadet

Forum Donor
It got rack ears, great sinad and a low price. That doesnt match my expectations so i have to buy a more expensive behringer that will give a nice hiss in the tweeters. Can i have some loud fans to?
Of course it doesnt drive your subs but this goes right to my short list for driving mids/highs in my upcoming build. Pro interface for crossover behringer a800 for woofers and this in a rack. I never have amps on display but i should put the rack out in the room to annoy the aesthetic police :)

Top Bottom