• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Shakes

Forum Donor
Most recent purchase was Genelec 8030C. I was not able to listen to them before ordering, but the company reputation, measurements from this forum, and the high praise from ASR members made it a safe chance to take. I am glad I did!

CauliflowerEars

Sonarworks Xref mic
Which posts/arguments/measurements made you buy it? I'm thinking either this mic or Dayton Audio EMM-6.
Maybe the Behringer ECM8000, if having a calibrated mic isn't that much better for room measurements.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Which posts/arguments/measurements made you buy it? I'm thinking either this mic or Dayton Audio EMM-6.
Maybe the Behringer ECM8000, if having a calibrated mic isn't that much better for room measurements.
It is a good brand it comes with calibration files and it was cheap from Thomann.

Last edited:

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Neumann KH310's, KH120's/KH750, KH 120's, KH150's (x2).
20230413_123927.jpg

bevok

I got the AKG K371 based initially on the review here (supplemented by other reviews), very happy with them thus far apart from the noise as the cable brushes my collar. I'm not really a 'real' audiophile though (I think my Airpod Pro's sound great and very neutral as well!).

boxerfan88

I discovered the Neumann brand here. Went to listen to a KH150, fell in love with it. And went ahead to buy/import the KH310 (it wasn’t available for audition where I am located). I really enjoy hearing the KH310 sing everyday.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I got the AKG K371 based initially on the review here (supplemented by other reviews), very happy with them thus far apart from the noise as the cable brushes my collar.
You can try attaching a clothespin or similar to the cable. The clothespin dissipates handling noise and can be used to fasten the cable to clothing.

Saidera

Apple USB-C Adapter (and other well-measuring adapters now discontinued)
Edifier MR4

But sometimes there are other products influenced by other considerations: Sony Walkman A55, ATH-M30x etc

And before they were reviewed on here, I had MDR-ZX110 and RP-TCM125, the first headphone and IEM I ever bought.

Low cost is the first requirement.

JktHifi

SMSL PO100 AK eventhough the reviewer said ”Meh” because big different between Left and Right analog RCA output.
Now I can connect 3 DAC/amps simultenously play music from my iPad Pro and I am really happy with this bad boy. Thank you so much to the reviewer

OldenEars

Just moondrop Chu's so far. Who knew eq could be a force for good? :)

OldenEars

oh also a sony a105 walkman forgot about that :)

Top Bottom