• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R Meta Series Release

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
well, in my country this week the R series has the maximum discount that i saw, and also in facebook groups people are saying there is a event today and *maybe* they are going to say something about the new R series...

btw, every month apparently they are going to launch the R series meta, al most all months there is someone in internet saying he has the news

Daka

well, in my country this week the R series has the maximum discount that i saw, and also in facebook groups people are saying there is a event today and *maybe* they are going to say something about the new R series...

btw, every month apparently they are going to launch the R series meta, al most all months there is someone in internet saying he has the news
Clearance for brand new units is new and only happens when they’re clearing entire stock , same as selling display units, a definite indication of R meta coming. That’s rumors aside.
People were expecting refresh for past year but this was expectation purely based on how much time has passed nothing solid unlike now. Based on rumors definitely we will see them in February, and quite likely within a week.

Daka

Btw there is ISE event starting today till 3rd February and KEF quite often shows off new products during it. I happen to be going to Barca on the 4th… shame I’ll miss it.

lossendae

I understand those who are sceptical, but I'm quite sure as well: they are coming. Although I don't have any details about what's actually coming, nor when: The R3 is at the end of its life.

Note that we assume that it will be called "R3 Meta" but it may be a different name like with the previous R100 to R900 series

Daka

I understand those who are sceptical, but I'm quite sure as well: they are coming. Although I don't have any details about what's actually coming, nor when: The R3 is at the end of its life.

Note that we assume that it will be called "R3 Meta" but it may be a different name like with the previous R100 to R900 series
I would bet they would go the lazy way and call it R3 Meta. But who knows there might be some new speakers in lineup like R1

tecnogadget

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Today was the world premiere of the new R Meta loudspeaker series. The interesting thing is that none of the audio and video media have commented yet, and KEF has not updated its website either.

I got this insight from an installer on Barcelona
A6EF039F-CF34-4AE9-8603-87D6AE48BBFE.jpeg

And then got some extra pics from my dealer contact:

D0BEE04C-22D0-4890-849E-879ADFDCD74E.jpeg
114C2FCC-F359-4A0B-AD1E-05EA0F93A0DA.jpeg

217D82D2-214E-4F45-BBE0-046008086BC4.jpeg

Looks like the R6C made its comeback ! Last R series from 2018 only offered the R2C

Daka

Today was the world premiere of the new R Meta loudspeaker series. The interesting thing is that none of the audio and video media have commented yet, and KEF has not updated its website either.

I got this insight from an installer on Barcelona
View attachment 261390

And then got some extra pics from my dealer contact:

View attachment 261394View attachment 261392

View attachment 261393

Looks like the R6C made its comeback ! Last R series from 2018 only offered the R2C
Titanium grey to match my ls50 meta I see :)
But otherwise not much visual change, unsurprisingly.
Who’s smiling now, I am ;)

R6c? :O

stren

Forum Donor
You'd have thought they'd have added a real atmos version of the R7 that isn't a seperate addon box, or at least make an addon box the same width.

Love that they added the new colors. Excited to see some measurements :) Surprised they didn't do a black/rose gold as well.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
You'd have thought they'd have added a real atmos version of the R7 that isn't a seperate addon box, or at least make an addon box the same width.

Love that they added the new colors. Excited to see some measurements :) Surprised they didn't do a black/rose gold as well.
I don't like the pink drivers from the walnut kef, the gold with the blue also looks weird well, to me the black/orange is the best

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I have used KEF speakers for a couple decades and set HT setups for friends using KEF passives, so for my part, anything KEF is planning is worth my interest.

If I had a ridiculous amount of money, I'd love to fund them for a project on how to expand their pairs of actives into a full multichannel system.

Turning KEF Connect (at home we use a pair of LS50 WII with a KC62) into some sort of "software AVR", with room correction and a set of sources compatible with it (a phono stage, a CD transport and so on) that you could control from the APP, I'd die knowing that I tried to contribute to the development of amazing reproduction systems.

More realistically, the next element I'd love to see updated are the KC and KS subwoofers: more extension, more decibels, more infrasonics!

Last edited:
Top Bottom