• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R Meta Series Release

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I mean the R3 already score so well subjectively and objectively, if the Meta vers improves a really good speaker further, how is their Reference series going to sell?? The price difference will never justify it. They have to lower the reference price or they will be shooting their own foot
Well, the atmos speakers (R8a) have not so great measures, so I guess they can benefit from an update.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Two speakers; distortion at two different frequencies. Both theoretically above Audible range. I had one of these the 7K, never heard any distortion on that one at that mentioned. Must be same for the other one too at that level applying the same logic.
In that image you can clearly see both maximalpg 105dB. Both die at the same volume by it's bass, the difference is the R7 has no distortion in the mid-highs range and you are going to listen the bass die in nearly the same way as the 7k.

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In that image you can clearly see both maximalpg 105dB. Both die at the same volume by it's bass, the difference is the R7 has no distortion in the mid-highs range and you are going to listen the bass die in nearly the same way as the 7k.
Yes that makes sense, and you are right and I just realized it. at that lower loudness level even when the bass hits distortion it was relatively lower than the average loudness of the other frequencies. So hence it’s not so much audible. But on the cantons they should be theoretically more audible.

Mine is a 30 meter square room, living and dining and I play really loud to fill this room at times, and while I had it, I used to play quite loud more than 105db easily, and I never noticed anything wrong with them. May be I had not been listening it right to hear it. !!

MarkS

Major Contributor
Kef had the exact same discounts last year during the same season.
Did their ad say "while supplies last"?

kef.jpg

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Errrmm. I thought you had a link comparing the Ref8B and the KF92. Sure I know KEFs website. Thx.

Last edited:

bodhi

Forum Donor
Errrmm. I thought you had a link comparing the Ref8B and the KF92. Sure I know KEFs website? Thx.

Well, you know the KF92 measurements? Do you think they downplay their 6k sub stats in their own page?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, you know the KF92 measurements? Do you think they downplay their 6k sub stats in their own page?
No of course not, that’s why I was asking you as it seemed you had read a comparison test somewhere or found measurements of both. At least this is what I understood from you saying “8B seems to measure worse than KF92”. Just let me know if I misunderstood and I go looking for myself. Thx.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Everything related Kef R Meta is actually under NDA and your dealer should know better...
Who cares? If they are coming out soon then having people get excited is good.
Plus a good dealer wants to be generous with customers and informing them about an impending new release is curtious.

dogmamann

Who cares? If they are coming out soon then having people get excited is good.
Plus a good dealer wants to be generous with customers and informing them about an impending new release is curtious.
actually “nobody cares” would be an understatement. I have seen numerous posts on different forums asking about the same. On the top of it, there is a good sale on the current R line up, which lot of people would miss, if this “dealer” story is fake.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
While Blade and Reference are their higher end offerings and must showcase all they have, AFAIK the R series is very important in sales volume. There is a big responsibility to improve the previous R series which was already great to begin with. But given what they achieved with their last releases, Blade Meta, Reference Meta and LS60, KEF is on a very very high level. So I am optimistic that these improvements will reach a very popular and widespread range of speakers. I can see the soccer panther already. :) @jackocleebrown

dogmamann

What I wish, it had is couple of more finishes. Given that these days, grey, concrete, raw look is considered artistic with walls, a glossy white or black won’t work well in those areas. The new kc62s finish on a tower would match lot of interiors ;) Also glossy is a PITA when it comes to watching a movie. The thing is like two mirrors on either side of the tv. More Matt versions are welcome if these speakers are in development at the moment ;)

regan

KEF's metamaterial absorption is mostly a tweeter thing, and the R3 is already pretty well-behaved in that department...
Well most complaints about the R3s are in regards to "listening fatigue" which I guess has to do with the tweeter. So maybe some tweeter adjustments might fix that?

Daka

Kef had the exact same discounts last year during the same season. And back then there’s were lot of folks thinking the same.
Not the same, there was new years sale last year indeed, but here in Uk some suppliers moved KEFs into clearance and you can see majority of shops selling display units. So definitely it’s coming, from what suppliers been leaking either this week or early next (I’ve checked with my supplier as well) - 100%
As to quoted price - £1900 is massive hike and not sure what new R3 would need to sound like to justify that price - this is floor stander price. It’s not like R3 didn’t get price hike after realease - initially they were 1200 before they increased it I think last year or in ‘21 to 1500, 1900 KEF would be having a laugh with 26% increase.

Last edited:

dogmamann

Not the same, there was new years sale last year indeed, but here in Uk some suppliers moved KEFs into clearance and you can see majority of shops selling display units. So definitely it’s coming, from what suppliers been leaking either this week or early next (I’ve checked with my supplier as well) - 100%
As to quoted price - £1900 is massive hike and not sure what new R3 would need to sound like to justify that price - this is floor stander price. It’s not like R3 didn’t get price hike after realease - initially they were 1200 before they increased it I think last year or in ‘21 to 1500, 1900 KEF would be having a laugh with 26% increase.
In Dec 2022, most dealers in Germany were selling KEF R Series on a discount more than 20 percent of the price, kef.de itself was having a promotion of 20 percent off. I was too much tempted to get a pair of R3s back then(eventually I decided on something else) but the best quote I got was 999 euros a pair. Now even with the current discounts, I see sticker prices of 1060euros, definitely you can get it under 1000 euros, if you negotiate at the store.

if they are coming well and good, but the new OP is completely missing after his 3 messages in this forum ;)

When Kef released ls60, weeks before we had the images of it, “accidentally” leaked on a Kef website.

to me this is an attempt to provoke the manufacturer to say something, anything on this so that some news can be squeezed out of them!

Daka

In Dec 2022, most dealers in Germany were selling KEF R Series on a discount more than 20 percent of the price, kef.de itself was having a promotion of 20 percent off. I was too much tempted to get a pair of R3s back then(eventually I decided on something else) but the best quote I got was 999 euros a pair. Now even with the current discounts, I see sticker prices of 1060euros, definitely you can get it under 1000 euros, if you negotiate at the store.

if they are coming well and good, but the new OP is completely missing after his 3 messages in this forum ;)

When Kef released ls60, weeks before we had the images of it, “accidentally” leaked on a Kef website.

to me this is an attempt to provoke the manufacturer to say something, anything on this so that some news can be squeezed out of them!
Its clear account has been created to post it and not to be tracked back. Someone is cautious maybe dealer himself haha.
Mine didn’t want to say anything concrete apart from let’s talk in 1-2 weeks about it. So didn’t deny it, if nothing was coming they would’ve said something like we don’t know anything about it and directed me onto existing R series. Discounts in UK are around 40% across the board, much deeper than last year’s.
Interestingly KEF discounted ls60 here as well - 5400 from 6k. Not selling that well? I wonder if same would happen to R meta if they go overboard with the price, 1.9k definitely feels that way.

Top Bottom