• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R Meta Series Release

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Ls50 had good improvement in real world listening. R series currently has quite a narrow soundstage. If that is improved, well that’s the biggest improvement to my ears then!
Dispersion pattern is not a parameter that is clear cut. For me, a narrow pattern helps a lot in multichannel integration.

What should be improved is how homogenous the frequency response is for a given directivity pattern, being it wide or narrow.

As much as I didn’t believe it before, the photos doesn’t look fake. At this point, I agree I was completely wrong about thinking they weren’t coming.
The pics are from an event in Barcelona. I have checked in Spanish forums (sorry, I'm from the forgotten, un-cool part of Iberia; Barcelona is far from where I live) and some guys confirm that the pics are from the actual speakers.

You were very right to be distrustful, at least it allowed me to do some searching to confirm it (or not) as I was skeptic too. ;)

Last edited:

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well, at this point I hope the prices of the R series in stock will drop, so that I can buy a pair of R7s under 2000 euros

Daka

Dispersion pattern is not a parameter that is clear cut. For me, a narrow pattern helps a lot in multichannel integration.

What should be improved is how homogenous the frequency response is for a given directivity pattern, being it wide or narrow.

The pics are from an event in Barcelona. I have checked in Spanish forums (sorry, I'm from the forgotten, un-cool part of Iberia; Barcelona is far from where I live) and some guys confirm that the pics are from the actual speakers.

You were very right to be distrustful, at least it allowed me to do some searching to confirm it (or not) as I was skeptic too. ;)
That would be an amazing photoshop skills to do that. But one thing did puzzle me - only R3 presented in blue, only R7 in grey. You would think they would show all models in all colors

withoutsuit

felt the R series towers to have the uniQ Unit below the ear level which it sound nice if you are lying down a couch but while sitting despite very little shit in tonality, the image of the singer is always below ear level. Stand mounting a R3 which has the uniq above this level if that’s important to you.
It's like the same with the LS50meta on S2 standmounts. Don't understand, why Kef is consequently placing their drivers below the earlevel, when you sit an a regular chair / sofa. That's why I had to choose another standmount then the original S2.

nawfal07

If people wondering this is the ISE 2023 event in Barcelona, those photos are absolutely legit. KEF is expected to make an official announcement soon.

MCH

Major Contributor
I wish they keep the regular r3 at 1000eur but, that's not going to happen.... :-/

I was hoping as well they release an active r3, or something like that in between the ls50 wireless and the ls60, i don't get why they don't, it is a massive gap, isn't it?

nawfal07

They’re also naming the centre speaker R2 Meta, dropping the letter “C” to follow the naming convention of the Reference series.

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I wish they keep the regular r3 at 1000eur but, that's not going to happen.... :-/

I was hoping as well they release an active r3, or something like that in between the ls50 wireless and the ls60, i don't get why they don't, it is a massive gap, isn't it?
The audience for the active versions are considerably less than the passive ones. I am afraid to invest 6k on the actives unless there is a 8 - 10 year warranty on them. My experience with any active gear other than genelecs(never owned but worked in a lab which had 10 years old genelecs) was negative. Passive has less things to fail and hence less customer complaints.

Daka

It's like the same with the LS50meta on S2 standmounts. Don't understand, why Kef is consequently placing their drivers below the earlevel, when you sit an a regular chair / sofa. That's why I had to choose another standmount then the original S2.
Well afaik - it pretty well tracks freq response off angle and it rolls off highs slightly making it less fatiguing

Daka

It crossed my mind - 3 R6c for LcR … these could be standmount R7s… wonder if they are sealed

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
To be fair, this should be very easy to upgrade… the r7 and the r7 meta are a very minor step up and a minor change… and because kef have a lot of stores that knows how to repair them, they can upgrade too…
Using the planet resources better please…

Mario Sanchez

So the R6c will be a non-Meta speaker amidst a swath of R Meta launches (including the smaller R2M)?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
That would be an amazing photoshop skills to do that. But one thing did puzzle me - only R3 presented in blue, only R7 in grey. You would think they would show all models in all colors
Lingerie models do not always show the same range in all colors. ;)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
The audience for the active versions are considerably less than the passive ones. I am afraid to invest 6k on the actives unless there is a 8 - 10 year warranty on them. My experience with any active gear other than genelecs(never owned but worked in a lab which had 10 years old genelecs) was negative. Passive has less things to fail and hence less customer complaints.
I have found myself returning over and over to the LS50 WII I have at home due to how easy and comfortable is to use the APP.

If KEF managed to release a collaboration with an electronics manufacturer that created an AVR, CD, phono and the usual suspects that could turn your passives into an easy system to use with the APP as the actives, I'd be saving to get it.

Top Bottom