• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I also purchased from HiFi EXPRESS, but I was in the same situation as you. The package was suddenly delivered just before the limit of patience.
So please wait a little longer.

Thanks Toku.

Indeed I experienced the same situation with my first purchase, the Sabaj A20a 2019. So I will wait.

GiBo61

I placed my order on Hifi-express on 2 November for a delivery from Germany. After a couple of days I received a tracking number for an Italian postal courier which as of today says that tracking is not yet available. After reading the entire Polish thread mentioned here by Titilandus (https://www.audiostereo.pl/topic/159524-smsl-vmv-a2-opinie-forum-testy/) I found that another user, despite having performed the order from the warehouse in Germany received the device from China instead. He suggested that I put the tracking number in the site https://www.ship24.com/ and when I did it with mine I found that my Sabaj A30a was also shipped from China and is already in my country ( Italy). I wonder now if the local Italian courier will ask me to pay the customs fees ... I shouldn't have to pay them, considering that I have specifically requested delivery from Germany! From the tracking details I see that the package traveled directly from China to Italy. I guess I'll soon find out how the story will end ...

GiBo61

On Polish forum someone compared to DRA 800H and Sabaj was sounding better with digital source. Probably won't be with analog input.
I could not find the comparison with the Denon DRA 800H there even using the search function

ppataki

Major Contributor
I placed my order on Hifi-express on 2 November for a delivery from Germany. After a couple of days I received a tracking number for an Italian postal courier which as of today says that tracking is not yet available. After reading the entire Polish thread mentioned here by Titilandus (https://www.audiostereo.pl/topic/159524-smsl-vmv-a2-opinie-forum-testy/) I found that another user, despite having performed the order from the warehouse in Germany received the device from China instead. He suggested that I put the tracking number in the site https://www.ship24.com/ and when I did it with mine I found that my Sabaj A30a was also shipped from China and is already in my country ( Italy). I wonder now if the local Italian courier will ask me to pay the customs fees ... I shouldn't have to pay them, considering that I have specifically requested delivery from Germany! From the tracking details I see that the package traveled directly from China to Italy. I guess I'll soon find out how the story will end ...
You will not need to pay anything extra
Hifiexpress dealt with that already
It was the same for me - don't worry :)

GiBo61

On the Polish thread about the SMSL VMV A2 several users highly praise the SDB equalisation mode, something that is proprietary to SMSL. From the descriptions it seems a kind of (dynamic?) loudness. I know that the Sabaj A30a has a huge number (16!!!) of loudness presets, I'm wondering if any of them is comparable to the SDB mode on the SMSL VMV A2.

Last edited:

ModDIY

Youpi,

Hifi-express answered me and my A30a is gone.

I received my new Focal Chora 826 speakers, I put aside my big class AB amplifier to plug in the Sabaj A20a 2019.

With my other sound columns, the A20a paled in comparison. But I wanted to try .... wow I'm down from my chair, I rediscovered the A20a 2019, very superior, not missing much.

The Focal Chora 826 is a 3-way with 91db of efficiency. If it's already excellent, I hardly dare to imagine what it'll sound like.

"A suivre ..."

ppataki

Major Contributor
I have ordered two more A30As, to replace my Topping DM7 + NC250MP combo in my MCLA system and truncated line array rears in my living room
It is a 4.0 system; I am planning first to try VoiceMeeter Banana to make the amps work in 4.0; if that fails I will use an RME Digiface USB to sync the clock for the 4 channels and use optical SPDIF to connect the amps
It would be a great workaround until Sabaj comes out with a multichannel model :) - just a tip for future development @peterwen

Last edited:

fuji

Hi everyone,

I got my A30a today, I did the software update with SABAJ_A30a MCU_FW 220928. Update was successfully completed, sabaj powered on after it however I do not see SUB OFF option in the menu. Any idea why?

Also, in ISPV2.4 correct Device is MM32SPIN2xx_p?

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi everyone,

I got my A30a today, I did the software update with SABAJ_A30a MCU_FW 220928. Update was successfully completed, sabaj powered on after it however I do not see SUB OFF option in the menu. Any idea why?

Also, in ISPV2.4 correct Device is MM32SPIN2xx_p?
"SUB OFF" is in the menu "SUB CUTOFF".
As you lower the CUTOFF frequency, SUB OFF is displayed at the end.
The update work is fine as long as you follow the steps below that I posted.

Last edited:

GiBo61

Mine was delivered today! It was shipped from China on November 3rd to Italy, luckily I didn't have to pay customs duties. Unfortunately it is a very demanding period of work and I will only be able to test it in a few days

ModDIY

I had it delivered from China. For the moment I don't know if I will have customs fees.

Damned

Is it really 70hz minimum LPF ?? So what happens when the best setting for your speakers is 60hz ? Which is recommended settings for many speakers by SVS itself and verified point by myself with several speakers. 70hz is high indeed for stereo setup. Can you bypass this, as a simple pre-out and use only the settings from the sub - svs sb 3000 in my case - which is just brilliant ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom