• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
It is December now, the 2019 is coming soon.

This year thank you for amir‘s efforts, let us know more about the product.And help us to find out and solve the problem.
Thanks for all the guy here.

In the new year,we will continue to release new products. We hope you love the product.

But, we need the sound of all your here.We need your suggestion.
How is the product is your looking for? The color? What chip? The design? What Input? What output? Or any other suggestion?

And i will pick up one person to send one gift on 15th January 2019. Thanks for all your love here.

Bring the THX 888 to the people!!! The community is in love with the 789. Its cost (349$USD) and its performance have made it the giant killer of the year. Its lack of noise paired with your amazing D1 decoder is quickly becoming the benchmark of the headphone community. There's a problem, the D1 deserves more. Give us 888, the BIG one. Give us 2 balanced in a moderate size box. Give us a choice of black and silver(we are all different!). Make sure the single ended doesn't suffer for the balanced or the other way. Keep the dac out and style minimal. Keep the price under 800,and you shall rule the forums for all time!

helloworld

I want a P1 utilize Thx technology but provides better perfromance than THX789. Price less than $800, Please contact @AndrewMason to see if you could collaborate
I want a duo ak4499 design and hopefully it beats D1. Price less than $1000

helloworld

A standalone BT 5.0, Wifi, and LAN enabled data streamer that has Co-axial, Optical and USB outputs to standard DACs.

Its a sorely missing product on the hifi market as far as I am concerned as it will open up a lot of possibilities to have such connectivity.
check smsl dp3:D

maxxevv

Major Contributor
check smsl dp3:D

That's a connected DAC. Period.

I'm referring to a standalone data receiver/streamer that is capable of plugging into any DAC at any price point.

Edit:

I misread the specs. I thought all the connectivity ports were just inputs and not outputs.

But in any case, I think the device is too sophisticated for its own good. As it pushes it price point to a level where the casual user will have to consider pretty hard before purchasing one. And for the audiophile looking for connectivity options, its a fair bit of redundant functionality that's not needed.

Something simplified to the point of almost like a switch box and in the US$100~150 range would probably sell much better I think?

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
IMHO SMSL SU-8 has all the features DAC needs to have and specs are fine. I would like to see it in a nicer box (same style like Topping D10) and with Bluetooth APTX-HD support.

SPDIF coax out would also be nice to have.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
All in one box that is a DAC streamer / DSP room EQ / preamp:

1. Roon ready endpoint with wifi and ethernet, supporting RAAT
2, Formats: high resolution PCM, DSD. MQA? (I don't care if it does MQA or not)
2. DAC, and ADC for analog inputs (2 sets of dual RCA/XLR)
3. DSP-based phono equalization (including XLR phono input). Bonus points for reel to reel tape EQ (NAB, IEC)
4. DSP engine for PEQ and room EQ (you can use open source software or bundle Dirac like NAD and miniDSP)
5. Pre-outs using analog out (XLR and RCA) and digital out (coax, AES), with separate sub-out, all with configurable high/low pass (low pass for sub, high-pass for pre-outs)
6. Decent headphone amp

Krunok

Major Contributor

1. Roon ready endpoint with wifi and ethernet
3. DSP-based phono equalization (including XLR phono input). Bonus points for reel to reel tape EQ (NAB, IEC)
4. DSP engine for PEQ and room EQ (you can use open source software or bundle Dirac like NAD and miniDSP)
5. Pre-outs using analog out (XLR and RCA) and digital out (coax, AES), with separate sub-out, all with configurable high/low pass (low pass for sub, high-pass for pre-outs)
6. Decent headphone amp

Problem with all-in-one box is that folks would be paying for features that are not used.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Big drivers.
Who is this ‘admin’ bloke have we been bought out?
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

1. Roon ready endpoint with wifi and ethernet, supporting RAAT
6. Decent headphone amp
Dual sub outs would be nice but otherwise this is the product to build.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Use lube and if you still have problems maybe use a smaller plug.

Your personal experience is appreciated.
e417.png

Top Bottom