• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My first thought was they incorporated a handicap ramp within steps in a clever way. My next thought 1 millisecond later was even more clever would be to have the ramp and ditch the steps. One millisecond after that, I had the same thoughts as you. How did they ever get a picture without the whole area being covered by skateboarders?

I thought this was for bikes and wheelchairs it makes total sense to me

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
From the Folk at Polk (forums):
:)
2k7qaxkzzdzb.jpg

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Why is this humorous? Help me out here...
index.php

I think it is in the wrong thread, it is not about humor but this design has audio qualities that go well beyond measurement and science.
As an example, the fact that Moondrop did not include any ramp in their portable DAC design is absolutely unforgivable as it unequivocally affects the sound attack and decay qualities. For this reason, I can not recommend the Moonriver 2 and give it a very low score of 9.99999999999888888888887. :p

1655731309696.jpeg

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
kinda reminds me of the old 110 pocket cameras (the moonriver, not the staircase/ramp)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Borrowed images all -- since even I draw the line at collecting 110 cameras! :rolleyes:

I’ve got that Minolta 110 camera, actually my mum has it to be correct but i used it for years and it had a slightly different lens.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
you meanie, now you're just making fun of poor people :D

and i actually meant something more like that one:
images
I know ;)

I must say -- I never had a 110 camera (cheap or 'spensive).
I cannot say the same about 126 film cartridge cameras, though. ;)

Again, this probably isn't off-topic with respect to a humour thread! :)

DSCN5731.jpg

OK, ignore the Yashica on the right left ;) All three of these were "modern" (relatively speaking) dump finds.
That Instamatic 100 was interesting, and new to me at the time I, umm, collected it. I hadn't known there were pre-"Flashcube" 126 cameras.

My first camera as a child was an Instamatic "104", replaced at some point by a "124". Both extremely basic cameras served me well in my formative years.

... but I digress ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
From the Folk at Polk (forums):
:)
2k7qaxkzzdzb.jpg

Jerry Outlaw, the leader/guitarist/frontman for a Zappa Tribute band here in Tampa had this Florida plate:

1655763831089.png

I don't remember the car, but it wasn't a Maserati by any stretch.

Maybe an old K car, or cheepnis equivalent.

Referencing the tune Pojama People, of course.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
we were glad to have just the camera :(
When I graduated high school all my relatives collectively sent me on a trip to Europe. Quite a good graduation gift. One of the things they did is buy me the best Kodak 110 camera because it took good pictures and would be so convenient with the little flash cubes and easy to load film cartridges. You can just slip the whole thing in your pocket. I made the mistake of using it. I got some good pictures, but..........

They gave me that camera because all I had was an old Argus C3 rangefinder 35 mm camera. Made before I was born. I had purchased it 2nd hand for $5, but it worked perfectly. So they meant well, but I knew how to use the Argus and it would have served me much better than the Instamatic. Using ISO 400 film for indoors I wouldn't even have needed a flash. So in my case I wasn't even glad to have the camera.

proxy-image

Top Bottom