• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

chucky7

eVRL1dl.jpg

sy8W8DS.jpg

rAUdMLI.jpg

kGuCN0H.jpg

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Update:

I am in the process of switching from PayPal to Square for handling all invoices and payments. There is a little more room to save on processing fees with Square and it will finally allow me to have a business only account (currently my PayPal account shares both my business and personal account, make it hard to keep payment reports separate).

I know, nothing exciting but just some housekeeping to further position myself for going full blown business come Q3 (and eventually add a website).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Update:

I am in the process of switching from PayPal to Square for handling all invoices and payments. There is a little more room to save on processing fees with Square and it will finally allow me to have a business only account (currently my PayPal account shares both my business and personal account, make it hard to keep payment reports separate).

I know, nothing exciting but just some housekeeping to further position myself for going full blown business come Q3 (and eventually add a website).
The next thing is a dedicated company vehicle and office space with employees. :D

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah but what if I made belgium waffles every morning or went out to grab the mail for ya. I mean think about it.
Hehe. I've seen some assembly lines for electronics and cabling in Canada and it was allll women doing it. Apparently they learn fast and with their fine motor skills and even with the repetition of it they stay and don't quit the job or move on up. That's what I was told.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My expansion plans have no intention of dedicated office space or employees. All me still
If you can find a worker that helps out and is a good fit it might be worth it. But that's a rare find. The more employees I had the more problems. I needed to actively remove the dead weight to keep things working well. The longer you can do it yourself the more control you have. :D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I am in the process of switching from PayPal to Square for handling all invoices and payments.
Would I still be able to pay you via PayPal?
Been dealing with them for many years now without a single issue.
I don't want to hand out my personal info to yet another crook. ;)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
If PayPal is all one will use, I can still accept it.

Square does allow payment using an existing Google or Apple pay account as well

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Technically it's the same crook. Jack Dorsey, who owns Square, was one of the founders of PayPal. So you've got that going for you. :facepalm:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Square does allow payment using an existing Google or Apple pay account as well
For me that is the problem, they all want to get our hands on our CC, Bankaccount, etc numbers.
The more that have them, the higher the odds one will get hacked sooner or later.
But that's just me.
Shoot bro, I never even heard of Square till you mentioned them here?
Or I can snail-mail you a check, they do still work. LOL

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For me that is the problem, they all want to get our hands on our CC, Bankaccount, etc numbers.
The more that have them, the higher the odds one will get hacked sooner or later.
But that's just me.
Shoot bro, I never even heard of Square till you mentioned them here?
Or I can snail-mail you a check, they do still work. LOL

Square is pretty reputable, and well loved by small merchants who needed a credit-card capability without all the hardware and palaver of an official merchant account. They make little card readers that plug into iPhones and iPads, making them especially useful for exhibit-hall merchants who don’t want to pay for a data line.

That said, I agree about CC number proliferation. For me, as much as anything, it’s configuration management issue—just keeping up with what online service has what card, especially when the card is renewed, is a PITA.

Rick “but for a one-time buy from a trusted seller, I’ll send him a check if necessary” Denney

Last edited:

discus96

I have a four channel Buckeye with 502 modules and I’m very happy with that!

Now I would like to Step up!

I have a large Room and I need more power for my four JBL 2245 Subwoofers, any plan to build a new amp based on NC2K modules from Hypex?

I would definitely buy two stero units or one four channels based on those modules!

Thanks

rvsixer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a four channel Buckeye with 502 modules and I’m very happy with that!

Now I would like to Step up!

I have a large Room and I need more power for my four JBL 2245 Subwoofers, any plan to build a new amp based on NC2K modules from Hypex?

I would definitely buy two stero units or one four channels based on those modules!

Thanks
Could add another four channel 502 amp, BTL each 2245 assuming 1200 wpc is enough :) ....

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
OK, price correction.

The final price on the 8 channel NC502 is $2299....I finally got the heatsink quotes back. Sure, I could get smaller or cheaper heatsinks to meet the $2249 mark but....I'd rather not sacrifice quality for this part of the build.

Top Bottom