• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

Andysu

Major Contributor
i think shanter is spaced out with greedy $$$$$$$

shanter space crystals dna , some scam where pay £150.000 so they take blood sample then place it in a crystal , you keep one and the other is placed on the moon all for £150.000

remember that moon landing ? after that , remember pan - am and ticket flights to the moon , what a scam , rich people buy tickets and pan - am went bust and it never moon happened

space is free , the mind dreams and yet other minds dream greedy and shame on those no one becomes rich on this planet once we go that is it , can't take wealth with you the universe was created for free , so therefore everything on this planet should be for free , shame on greedy rich people

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Some folk worry over the strangest things. LOL

Andysu

Major Contributor
we change ourselves every 7 years , so " i've " changed 6 times .i have no respect anymore and TOS was what i liked and then shatner does some -" thing " and its ticked me right off , fine you all continue to like , space crystals $150.000 greedy guy , rumour he paid $5m to go into space , no one would even see $1m in their entire lifetime

its like that , 2002 sci - fi ball convention , bournemouth , ( they do up down the uk ) i went to ( once was enough ) autographs £25 for for a few seconds to scribble their name , daylight robbery , i kicked up such a fuss , it ticked off , marina sirtis ( she is so snobby ) the other cast TOS , next gen actors kinder saw my reasoning , i paid for few autographs and was almost out of money for buying food for rest or the , no week . robin curtis she was so kinder enough with few others sign dvd covers , marina net worth $6m , robbin net worth $1.5m ( my own is not even and sure anyone else here not even close to 1m )

strange i got autographs from other actors ( star wars that was there even had person to person chat for 5 , 6 mins then went on my way ) at the convention i paid the entry fee day pass , £70 i think ? unknowingly to me , didn't know these conventions would be cash cow money grabber , for more less same items can buy on ebay for far less

when these actors walk out of hotel , airport they sign it for free ? there is my point !

george taki signed it once for fee , £25.00 for few second scribble , really now after i started the fuss where others in lining up also saw my logical reasoning , ( in the fictitious star trek universe , money greed no longer exists ) i can expand on this and it all has same relevance to these audiophiles

368007610_10160791996520149_1907032931022871022_n.jpg

368224983_10160791996825149_2580283047923458428_n.jpg

marina sirtis for few seconds scribble at £25 she can stuff herself with chocolate - george taki signed this for free , i can explain the meaning behind free but maybe too advanced for anyone around here

i never go to star trek star wars sci-fi convention ever again

and do not ask if i want to sale the dvd , they are personal to me , not yourselves , this why i never buy from those " parasite vultures " on ebay with stuffed they paid $1 for no doubt and have audacity to selling it for $1500 , greedy ebay - s o b's they are

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
i never go to star trek star wars sci-fi convention ever again
I don't blame ya.
Being a huge Sci-Fi fan myself I can certainly understand the attraction.
But to pay even more money to a group of Hollweird loony's runs completely against my grain.
Most of them I'd rather give a slap upside their heads. ;)

Andysu

Major Contributor
I don't blame ya.
Being a huge Sci-Fi fan myself I can certainly understand the attraction.
But to pay even more money to a group of Hollweird loony's runs completely against my grain.
Most of them I'd rather give a slap upside their heads. ;)
the fett signed laserdisc THX cav box set , 2002 sci - fi ball bournmeouth
had 5 min chat with Jeremy Bulloch , few other star wars actors , ewok Mike Edmonds and forced choked Michael Sheard .. Admiral Ozzel

368402219_10160793175245149_5152201607357846492_n.jpg

Mordor

And then, you have that crap, crying stuff called Discovery....

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Amen, pure woke garbage. Very few episodes worth the time lost to watching it.

I've started watching the old Patrick Stewart Next Generation episodes and films, somewhat dated but still good stuff.
Thanks Paramount +.
Here's hoping they learned something before the next season of SNW starts, from all the online vomit that landed on
them for the puke musical episode and a few of the rest they did. :facepalm:

Mordor

Yep....at least there wasn`t people crying or screaming, but i also jump that episode of sing-song stuff...

Even Enterprise, that purists dont like, i already saw 4x with all they glorious holes........

Maybe i start watch Babylon 5.....i think i stop somewhere on S3.....

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So, I finally caught up on the last two episodes.. well, that was something o_O

… actually, episode 9 didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. It could have worked, but with basically only La’an and Uhura being actually able to sing without too much Auto-Tune :facepalm:, it was quite a mess. Also the way they got into and out of the situation was way too contrived and way too much into the fantasy and magic realm. It just didn’t fit in a Sci-fi show. And then there was all of the emotions… as if we haven’t seen enough of those already :rolleyes:

E10 was much better, but it’s the small details that get you out of the flow.. small example: they are looking at a screen of the planet to see where the thing wil crash, and then they say that they can’t see exactly where that would be because they have no foto’s of the far side of the planet? WTF? Firstly: “photos”? Nobody says photos in Star Trek, it’s just silly. Secondly, in such an advanced age of space travel, I would expect that the computer database would have at least several petabytes of data on basically any planet relevant to the mission… this is just plain stupid and lazy. Come in, come up with something better, it’s not that hard. Ask ChatGPT for f*ck sake :facepalm:;). Throughout the episodes it’s these little things that really degrade the show for me.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just started on S02, should I just skip E09?
Ep9 is very polarizing. You either love or hate it.

I have shown this to several people and I cannot predict based upon political spectrum, age, whether someone will like it or not. The best predictor may be how much you liked the fairy tale episode from Season 1.

Greenman

E10 was much better, but it’s the small details that get you out of the flow..
Annoying isn’t it. The one that annoyed me most in E10 was when one minute they recognise there might be people alive on the saucer trapped in air pockets (seems reasonable, and by coincidence Chappel was alive ) two minutes later they come up with a plan involving crashing the saucer into the planet…hey screw all the potential lives on there! It’s really lazy writing and is prevalent throughout.

kiwifi

Maybe skip season 2? And any that follow.
If you want to watch some decent Sci-Fi, then I can recommend "The Expanse" on Prime. Season 1 is a bit of a slow burn, but Season 2 (as far as I have got to date) is a ripper!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want to watch some decent Sci-Fi, then I can recommend "The Expanse" on Prime. Season 1 is a bit of a slow burn, but Season 2 (as far as I have got to date) is a ripper!
As long as you stop watching before the start of last season you won’t be disappointed ;)

CarbonMakerU

Forum Donor
i think shanter is spaced out with greedy $$$$$$

shanter space crystals dna , some scam where pay £150.000 so they take blood sample then place it in a crystal , you keep one and the other is placed on the moon all for £150.000

remember that moon landing ? after that , remember pan - am and ticket flights to the moon , what a scam , rich people buy tickets and pan - am went bust and it never moon happened

space is free , the mind dreams and yet other minds dream greedy and shame on those no one becomes rich on this planet once we go that is it , can't take wealth with you the universe was created for free , so therefore everything on this planet should be for free , shame on greedy rich people
The reality is, it's actually significantly difficult to truly ascertain the complete net worth of truly high net worth individuals. Shatner made enough on his then Priceline (now under BKNG) stock/options to be well on the way to that. Enrichment at the price of others though, well that just directly speaks to your character, or complete lack there of.

Mordor

The Expanse is excellent. I was sad when it ended.

The end was disappointed......it did raise more questions and more stuff to explore...
Very sad....

Top Bottom