• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Would this work?

ELberto

Forum Donor
Hi and thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm struggling to figure out what is best for my budget- which is in the $500 range for the amp in question here.
I'm going to add a pair of passive speakers to my desktop setup (replacing active speakers). The source is the pc and currently it's usb-connected to a Topping DX7 Pro.
If I were to get an integrated amp like a Yamaha A-S501 could I just use the RCA out of the Topping into one of the line level inputs on the Yamaha?
If that won't work for some reason can you suggest something to interface between the pc and an integrated amp like the Yamaha so I can power these RSL speakers? They want 25-150 watts at 6/8 ohms. Thanks!

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I were to get an integrated amp like a Yamaha A-S501 could I just use the RCA out of the Topping into one of the line level inputs on the Yamaha?

Yes. That's how they work together: RCA out from DX7 Pro --> the Yamaha's RCA in.
See the connection diagram in page 9 of the manual, substitute the tuner (or the DVD player, or the tape deck, or the CD recorder) with your DX7 Pro.

Zek

Major Contributor
If your PC has a digital SPDIF output (usually optical), you can connect the PC directly to Yamaha via a digital connector (optical cable).

OP
E

ELberto

Forum Donor
Ok thanks- good to know. I'd like to keep that Topping in the mix for the hp amp and the balanced out if I add another pair of speakers or even another sub.

Top Bottom