• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones and speakers with pc setup... amps?

meir

Hello, trying to wrap my brain around how to accomplish what I want. I'd like to use the Geshelli JNOG2 dac as pretty much everyone says its banger for the value. This is for a PC setup where I will be using headphones and speakers (ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 most likely). Where I'm struggling is getting the headphones into the mix, the Fosi Audio V3 speaker amp was highly recommended but it doesn't have speaker out. Can you chain a headphone amp into a speaker amp? What other solution is there besides finding a speaker amp with the headphone jack?

nerdemoji

SMSL AL200 should work

JSmith

Master Contributor
Geshelli JNOG2 dac
Each to their own of course, but I don't like the aesthetics of their design;

index.php

JSmith

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Your PC's headphone might be perfectly adequate as long as it goes loud enough with your headphones and as long as you're not hearing background noise.

b7676

Meir, you are describing a headphone amp with a preamp like the topping L70.
The best AK4493 dacs are beat by the CS43198 now. Look for a 4497 or 4499 implementation if you want to spend more for that actual 'velvet'. ESS on the other hand is forget-about-it transparent.

Last edited:
OP
M

meir

Meir, you are describing a headphone amp with a preamp like the topping L70.
The best AK4493 dacs are beat by the CS43198 now. Look for a 4497 or 4499 implementation if you want to spend more for that actual 'velvet'. ESS on the other hand is forget-about-it transparent.
So would the headphone amp act as a speaker amp too? Or would you do headphone amp out into a speaker amp then to speakers? Also whats ESS?

OP
M

meir

Each to their own of course, but I don't like the aesthetics of their design;

index.php

JSmith
Yeah i mean they look like shit honestly, but for my budget it seems the best buy. So many recommendations.

nerdemoji

Doing my best to avoid Chinese companies... probably silly.
why?
and isn't Fosi Audio a Chinese company
Yeah i mean they look like shit honestly, but for my budget it seems the best buy. So many recommendations
300$ for a DAC is definitely not value, even from American made brands like Schitt

Top Bottom