• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Would B & W dual 8" opposed, side-firing Aerofoil™ woofers work the same as dual subs to even out bass modes

gmathena

Greetings! My first post. My thread title is really my question. I’m using a pair of B & W 805D4 speakers with a B & W DB3 subwoofer placed in between them, which has two 8” opposed side firing woofers. Will that dual side-firing sub work the same as two separate subs to even out bass modes? Thanks!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The main thing a dual opposing sub does is make sure the enclosure vibration is reduced. For the room it will work as. A single subwoofer.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Room modes (standing waves) are related to wavelength, and for example 100Hz has a wavelength of about 10 feet (longer wavelengths at lower frequencies). So at bass frequencies the woofers are essentially in the same location.

Top Bottom