• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

wondom vs dayton audio

Choueiri

Hi

I am building a speaker at home again but this time I want to go more complex and digital.
I am looking at 2 different amps and I can't tell if they just are the same even though the prices are very different.
So I am here to ask if anyone can help by telling me the differences between these 2 amps and which is best.
And can I use 3 channels at 4 ohms from these.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
… if and that is a big if, the published specs are to be believed both have a SNR of 97dB and THD+N of 0.07% (ca 63dB).

Sorry to say but they are both equally good or better said, equally bad as neither of the above specs are even close to state of the art. Just as a reference: >85dB THD+N is considered inaudible for Music reproduction. Modern amps reach >>100dB.

Here you might find amp modules which roughly fit your budget with THD+N of 0.0002% (ca 113dB) and better, measurements you can trust and expert service. Others might know other alternatives…

OP
C

Choueiri

… if and that is a big if, the published specs are to be believed both have a SNR of 97dB and THD+N of 0.07% (ca 63dB).

Sorry to say but they are both equally good or better said, equally bad as neither of the above specs are even close to state of the art. Just as a reference: >85dB THD+N is considered inaudible for Music reproduction. Modern amps reach >>100dB.

Here you might find amp modules which roughly fit your budget with THD+N of 0.0002% (ca 113dB) and better, measurements you can trust and expert service. Others might know other alternatives…

Hi

thank you for that information and the amplifiers on that site are not enough power and only one of them are dc
I need an dc amplifier for a portable speaker build. the thing I liked about those amps are that there is built in dsp and blueetooth
so I can make a crossover for the speakers and also program it to how I would like it.
I am using 2 of these speakers https://www.earthquakesound.dk/produkt/eq-10-c4/
or would these be better? https://www.monacor.com/products/components/speaker-technology/hi-fi-speakers-/sp-252e/
and one tweeter https://www.earthquakesound.dk/produkt/bt-44s-bullet-tweeter/
or would these speakers be a stupid pair?
so that said do you have any other recommendations?

Jukka

Hi

I am building a speaker at home again but this time I want to go more complex and digital.
I am looking at 2 different amps and I can't tell if they just are the same even though the prices are very different.
So I am here to ask if anyone can help by telling me the differences between these 2 amps and which is best.
And can I use 3 channels at 4 ohms from these.

Hi. How did this turn out?

The Wondom (Sure) and Dayton Audio parts look like the same, just rebranded. You might get more peripherals with the DA, but essentially they are the same, and you are going to need more parts to build a full device, so the price of just one component isn't the full bill.

Anyway, I'm thinking of building a set of small 2-way computer speakers and having something like this would solve many problems in one neat package. Did you finish anything, care to share the results?

mikessi

I'm very interested in the answer too. Just picking up the DA version.

Top Bottom