• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless Subwoofer recommendation - 361 sq ft / 33,6 m2 room size (9.8 ft / 3m high ceilings)

dotslasher

Hi, my room is 22,7ft deep and 15,9ft wide.
The TV is on the wall on the deep side of the room.

We have a Polk R500 (L+R) + R100 (surrounds) + R300 (C) system.
I'd like to add a single wireless subwoofer because there is a wall to wall closet/furniture that won't allow a subwoofer on either side next to the tv/speakers nor is there any cabling behind the couch for a subwoofer.

On the left side of the couch is a large sliding window of 22ft wide and the only option to put the subwoofer is behind the couch next to that window.
I'm thinking this room setup is a recipe for disaster due to the window, high ceilings, reverberations and all.

Everything needs to be WAF proof as well so I was looking at Sealed subs such as the SVS SB-2000 pro or the Arendal 1961 1s, Martin Logan Dynamo.
I know the SVS has the ability to use a wireless transmitter, the arendal has not (to my knowledge).

Max budget is $1500 - Any other recommendations?
I'm open to any brand.
I'm from europe and a lot of brands costs a lot more here than in the US.

D

Deleted member 48726

Hi

You may want to check out this excellent spreadsheet by @sweetchaos that compares a sh**load of subwoofers.

Direct link-->

Thread link-->

Top Bottom