• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Sub to pair for new room

pauljraab

Hi all,

After reading the reviews of the Polk R100s, I bought a pair for my “escape room“ in the new house. I’ve been reading up on subs and am looking for input. The room is 10x15 with 8ft ceilings with a window bump out 30” deep for the first 6 ft. The same side of the room has a 24” closet bumpEd “in” on the back 6.5 ft. (the wall zig zags in to the back). I’m thinking of buying the svs sb1000 to pair With the R 100s. Speakers will be on the end (10 ft wall plus bump out) with the window. I can spend more in the sub If needed, sound quality is the priority. Any strong feelings about better options than the svs? Thank you in advance!

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hello and welcome to ASR. :)

One of our good members @sweetchaos has taken the time to create a subwoofer comparison spreadsheet which you may find of assistance;

JSmith

Top Bottom