• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless audio adaptors

I need an adaptor to transmit my turntable signal about 20 feet to my amplifier. I bought a Dynasty Pro Audio adaptor that was made for subwoofers but it’s not up to the job not to mention the low hum in it. Id appreciate any recommendation of a high end stereo adaptor!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I need an adaptor to transmit my turntable signal about 20 feet to my amplifier. I bought a Dynasty Pro Audio adaptor that was made for subwoofers but it’s not up to the job not to mention the low hum in it. Id appreciate any recommendation of a high end stereo adaptor!
I think you need a phono preamp connected to the turntable, then connect its output to your adapter, and the output of the receiver to a line input of your amplifier. The signal out of the turntable is too low.

Edit: With a separate phono preamp you can also use a long RCA cable.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Jackie Treehorn open this webpage. Click on Audio Electronics. Then in the search field type phono preamp. Then click on the Device Type to get better organization.

OP
J
I think you need a phono preamp connected to the turntable, then connect its output to your adapter, and the output of the receiver to a line input of your amplifier. The signal out of the turntable is too low.

Edit: With a separate phono preamp you can also use a long RCA cable.
Thanks. My Rega has a phono preamp with RCA jacks. The turntable is in a spot where I can’t hardwire it.

charlielaub

You are dreaming. There is no such product that will sound OK. Use a wire.

radix

Major Contributor

Did you use the current model? WSA-5TR (Version 2). I think there was a big boost in performance with version 2.

There's a review here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...proaudio-ifinity-wireless.30216/#post-1060147

I've also used the SVS tripath, which is pretty good too, but the Dynasty Pro (version 2) has better numbers. I would think it's perfectly fine for a phono (post phono preamp).

You have the Planar 1 Plus w/ line level out?

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How much do you want to spend?
A pair of WiiM Minis will do it cheerfully (approx £90 GBP each) but the initial conversion of your turntable to a digital signal (ADC) is not the best. Should be good enough though. The WiiM Pro Plus (not universally available yet but coming and £200+) is much better as the transmitter.

Having said that, as per the above posts you should be ok with your Dynasty Pro

Top Bottom