• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Does this apply to the AP as well, as the mini has been measured by Amir? And if so, doesn't this make any attempt to measure jitter futile?
Amir has measured jitter in case of using internal DAC if I remember correctly, so it's related to the DA conversion. I was talking about the jitter in the digital domain only, related to the transport jitter and spdif conversion jitter.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Joffy1780

Amir has measured jitter in case of using internal DAC if I remember correctly, so it's related to the DA conversion. I was talking about the jitter in the digital domain only, related to the transport jitter and spdif conversion jitter.
Please forgive my ignorance here, but when Amir produces his dashboard results, does the SINAD take jitter into account?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Please forgive my ignorance here, but when Amir produces his dashboard results, does the SINAD take jitter into account?
SINAD calculation is based on signal, distortions and noise measurements. A jitter can result with distortions, so I would say that SINAD already reflects the impact of some types of jitter. Probably someone else could give you much better answer than I can.

Joffy1780

New firmware 4.8.509.444 fixed problems with optical input
Didn't even notice the update, thanks!
There is also a new option to allow setup of the remote!

yllanos

I created a ticket on Wiim support a couple months back.

I did not received any feedback, so yesterday I sent an email to support staff. They just replied and they said they added my request to their to-do list.

For context: I suggested a better queue management. It is crazy that we currently are not able to just add items to current queue or just reorder items as we please.

Joffy1780

Currently only 7 remotes left in stock on Amazon US.

Joffy1780

I can't imagine using the WiiM every day without the remote so I think it will sell out soon.
Have you been using one already?

Joffy1780

Ahh OK, thought you may have been beta testing.

Hernandezt

You got it :)

I've just tried with the toslink included in the box and everything is working as expected, I stop streaming close the application and after a minute the topping switch off automatically, as it was when I was using just the USB.
Incredible... do you believe the wiim developers could fix that in a future release?

Thanks a lot for your help.. just for the completion of the information, the coaxial I am using is a mogami 2497 with an amphenol connector rca

Hi all, probably some of you remember this small issue I discovered few weeks ago, related the coaxial connection, just wanted to share that today surprisingly I didn't need to manually turn off the DAC as immediately the wiim pro went in stand by my topping also started to switch off.
I thought a miracle, but I just read the above comment about firmware, checked on my app new firmware is there, so that have fixed it!
So now all connections are working same way, super happy
Thanks wiim!

Joffy1780

Hi all, probably some of you remember this small issue I discovered few weeks ago, related the coaxial connection, just wanted to share that today surprisingly I didn't need to manually turn off the DAC as immediately the wiim pro went in stand by my topping also started to switch off.
I thought a miracle, but I just read the above comment about firmware, checked on my app new firmware is there, so that have fixed it!
So now all connections are working same way, super happy
Thanks wiim!
Fantastic customer care, it really does bode well for the future.

elmoe420

I can't imagine using the WiiM every day without the remote so I think it will sell out soon.

This is an honest question and not meant to be inflammatory at all. What do you use the remote for exactly?

Everyone in my family uses Alexa to control the WiiM (they don't know or care what "bit perfect" is) and when I listen myself I simply use a mobile app. I really can't imagine why I'd ever want a physical remote for the WiiM itself. What am I missing?

ClassicGuy

This is an honest question and not meant to be inflammatory at all. What do you use the remote for exactly?

Everyone in my family uses Alexa to control the WiiM (they don't know or care what "bit perfect" is) and when I listen myself I simply use a mobile app. I really can't imagine why I'd ever want a physical remote for the WiiM itself. What am I missing?

I use it to skip the tracks I am tired of listening to. Click, click, click, until something I like pops up.

I also use it to adjust volume. My playlist consists of mixed tracks, so the volume discrepency is hopeless. Wiim does not support volume leveling, so I need to change volume often. It's much faster than using the phone.

Please, Wiim, implement volume leveling. It's literally a simple division on every sample. Would make listening to mixed tracks more enjoyable.

Top Bottom