• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Turambar

What do they need to fix with the Pro’s optical connection? And would the iFi Zen support Amazon Music up to 24/192, casting from the Amazon Music app as well?
No, it won't.

In fact, WiiM Mini and Pro are far better streamers in terms of functionality not only than iFi Zen, but also the NEO Stream (over $1000).

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
No, it won't.

In fact, WiiM Mini and Pro are far better streamers in terms of functionality not only than iFi Zen, but also the NEO Stream (over $1000).
Not everyone has a need to use AM. And some people would like to have a toslink socket which doesn't break into pieces.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Check my photo from the other Mini topic, recently.
Don't care for Amazon.

Midrats

Here's my reply from WiiM regarding audio quality using the RCA inputs on my amp:

"Thanks very much for reaching out to WiiM Support.
You can expect the best quality for TIDAL or Qobuz. You can get up to 24/192kHz hi-res quality with Qobuz and up to 88.2kHz or 96kHz MQA quality with TIDAL that you should turn on MQA Core Decoder by selecting Device settings -> Audio settings on WiiM Home app."

Is my CCA putting out that kind of quality? It does sound pretty good. When I use Qobuz it says it is when I'm playing hi res material. Tidal always says hifi CD quality.

My main problem with the CCA is that I can't access the settings anymore to change the name or location of the device. There isn't an option to turn on high dynamic range anymore either, just a simple equalizer. Is HDR just always on now? I just rebooted the CCA and set it back up in the home app, but alas, no controls. I was only able to change the room it's in.

Does the old $35 CCA really compete with the WiiM Pro?

morillon

Major Contributor
mini or pro support more resolutions.
but on the analog output will always be limited by the relative quality of this one .. that is the "unsaid".
So it's all a bit off the mark...

it will be necessary to wait a little for the returns of measurements etc on the pro ...
for the wiim mini it was not famous
(in digital will be another topic..)

Last edited:

ClassicGuy

Here's my reply from WiiM regarding audio quality using the RCA inputs on my amp:

You can expect the best quality for TIDAL or Qobuz. You can get up to 24/192kHz hi-res quality with Qobuz and up to 88.2kHz or 96kHz MQA quality with TIDAL that you should turn on MQA Core Decoder by selecting Device settings -> Audio settings on WiiM Home app."

Is my CCA putting out that kind of quality? It does sound pretty good. When I use Qobuz it says it is when I'm playing hi res material. Tidal always says hifi CD quality.

My main problem with the CCA is that I can't access the settings anymore to change the name or location of the device. There isn't an option to turn on high dynamic range anymore either, just a simple equalizer. Is HDR just always on now? I just rebooted the CCA and set it back up in the home app, but alas, no controls. I was only able to change the room it's in.

If you are going to use the aux output, you should probably stick with CCA. I believe it measures better than Wiim's.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

Moot point, as the CCA hasn’t been on the market for many years, and had far fewer features. The correct comparison would be the BlueSound Node or Sonos Port, both of which have a much higher price, with few, if any, advantages.

morillon

Major Contributor
Moot point, as the CCA hasn’t been on the market for many years, and had far fewer features. The correct comparison would be the BlueSound Node or Sonos Port, both of which have a much higher price, with few, if any, advantages.
but he seem have a cca... ;-)
Post in thread 'WiiM Pro Streamer' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-pro-streamer.39576/post-1423371

new "pro " better of cca in analog output?
i hope pro is better than mini..but for the moment...no real backup

,-)

sajgre

I have Wiim Mini and still it can't play Deezer. After a few tracks it jumbs from full FLAC to 128 kb/s, and "my library " is not mine but belong to another person. I suppose that there is the same firmware in Wiim Pro, and I am not going to order a Pro before this serious Deezer problem is solved.
With pro you can use Deezer app and Chromecast it to Wiim.

Midrats

I guess I'll stick with the CCA for the time being if I won't realize any improvements with a WiiM Pro. Maybe I just need a more modern amp. I just like the old NAD.

morillon

Major Contributor
I guess I'll stick with the CCA for the time being if I won't realize any improvements with a WiiM Pro. Maybe I just need a more modern amp. I just like the old NAD.
must first wait a little feedback on the analog output of the "pro" ... know if they have made great progress ..
;-)

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Not everyone has a need to use AM. And some people would like to have a toslink socket which doesn't break into pieces.
I do and can only speak from my perspective and needs. I use Amazon Music for a variety of reasons and my toslink sockets haven’t broken on either my WiiM Mini nor Pro.

PipHelix

I am all for a strong, independent modern woman who likes to watch blue movies, play sports, and video games alongside me and then changes the oil on the car while I do the cooking. I think roles can definitely be a lot more fluid than they used to be and so never understood the Wife Approval Factor because if my speakers and equipment sound good she likes them, too.

That said, you must not be married. ;)
Only married for the last 15 years. We change the oil, adjust the valves, tune the carbs, and rebuild the motors on our vintage cars. It’s a blast. More fun than audio because it’s more physically consuming. Audio is more a me thing and cars are more a we thing along with the kid.

Top Bottom