• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wiim mini vs Qudelix 5k

dguillor

Forum Donor
In Amir’s reviews of the Wiim mini and the Qudelix 5k the performance looks to me to be almost identical for the analog output of the Wiim vs the output of the Qudelix using LDAC BT, but Amir describes the Wiim performance as lackluster and the Qudelix performance as full transparency. I suppose that the description of the Wiim as lackluster is because you can do much better. My question is, if you have reached the level of full transparency, why do you need to do better? What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure I agree with your interpretation of his reviews.

My read is that in the 5k, the ldac bt transmission is transparent - in that it gives basically the same performance as wired. I don't think he is claiming the analog output from either device is full transparency in any use case.

Reactions: jae
Top Bottom