• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why did the review index remove the preference score with a subwoofer?

luft262

Why did the review index remove the preference score with a subwoofer? I feel like that preference score was important because lots of people do choose to listen with a sub whether for stereo music or home video and entertainment. A lot of speakers will get a better score due to being able to play lower without distortion, but that will be irrelevant for anyone using a subwoofer and it makes it hard to find the best speakers and or the best speakers for the money if you are in fact going to use a subwoofer. I used to like arranging the speaker in order of preference score with a sub to help myself and others find good speakers for a home theater setup. I don't personally care how accurate a speaker is below 80Hz (or sometimes even as high as 120Hz) because I have subs for that. Just a thought/suggestion. Perhaps there are flaws in my reasoning.

Top Bottom