• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

DuncanTodd

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
No place in EU that sell such gear? I looked intou Mouser once and shipping was very high.
There is that French site that I've seen Europeans buy gear from.
For most components there are several EU suppliers, but occasionally there's something specific that's hard to find, or has a bizarre transatlantic pricing differential.

DuncanTodd

For most components there are several EU suppliers, but occasionally there's something specific that's hard to find, or has a bizarre transatlantic pricing differential.
Makes sense.
I was checking out what it would cost me to buy an op amp from Mouser if I wanted to try something else, and it was ridiculous. e.g:
OPA1656ID $2.95 + $28 shipping...

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Makes sense.
I was checking out what it would cost me to buy an op amp from Mouser if I wanted to try something else, and it was ridiculous. e.g:
OPA1656ID $2.95 + $28 shipping...
You happen to have picked a part neither RS nor Farnell currently stock. In the UK Digikey and Mouser charge ~£12 delivery if your order is <£33 so not quite as bad. RS and Farnell are usually similar - price and free delivery point vary from time to time.

DuncanTodd

You happen to have picked a part neither RS nor Farnell currently stock. In the UK Digikey and Mouser charge ~£12 delivery if your order is <£33 so not quite as bad. RS and Farnell are usually similar - price and free delivery point vary from time to time.
It was more a theoretical quest. I pretty much just looked to see how much it would cost. Shipping costing almost x9 the product price is something I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

daniboun

Major Contributor
A07 upgraded version demo given by engineer.

I saw you have now released your new amp...
I have the feeling that you have not taken into account the comments of the users of the site! I find the design completely neglected, the choice of components makes no sense if you have not yet saved the money to produce a low-end product ... what a pity!

BAD LLC PSU, dangerous design by the way !!!!
No DIP 8 socket for OP amps
Bad caps
Cheap design

AVOID this product please !!!!!!!

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Hbca90b4e8e094cafb9d357f84a0055daw.jpg

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor

daniboun

Major Contributor
This product was originally intended as an upgraded version of A07, but there is no way to add PFFB to this, so we gave up this product as an upgraded version of A07.
Regarding the upgraded version of A07, we need more time to develop.

I do not understand how you operate ? !!!
You had an attractive product, the Aiyima TPA3251 with Elna Audio grade caps 3000µF X2 and Elna Red Rob for the buffer : this worked wonderfully! I think you should to take inspiration from this model and just modify the inductors and add the PFFB support and update the OP amps, nothing more! You had a formula already ready, so get inspired!

You only need to get the below board and update it !

By the way, I've been testing the genuine Muse 02 OP amps...
I think I forgot how good they are! I took a slap yesterday while listening to David Munyon in HD Audio! I just had the impression that he was singing next to me! gorgeous ! I will still push my tests this weekend

Here what you should update (models might adaptive 4R / 8R) :

Inductors > Coilcraft VER2923-103KL or Wurth Elektronik 7443631000 (flat wire performs better)
OP Amps > OPA1656
Power caps > Elna or Samsung 3000µF X2
Buffer caps > Elna Silmic 2
Wima MKP > MKP1F034704J00JSSD or Kemet PHE426HB6470JR06

Last edited:

DuncanTodd

I do not understand how you operate ? !!!
I think Aiyima's response was lost in translation.
Here's how I read it:
This isn't the updated/improved A07, but intended for someone who wants more features than the A07 has. You can argue it's still not as good as it could be, but the updated A07 itself with forum feedback considered is still in development.

daniboun

Major Contributor
I think Aiyima's response was lost in translation.
Here's how I read it:
This isn't the updated/improved A07, but intended for someone who wants more features than the A07 has. You can argue it's still not as good as it could be, but the updated A07 itself with forum feedback considered is still in development.

go back a few pages, I sincerely think that the ASR representative of Aiyima is lost not only in his translations but also in his promises! It's bad marketing in my opinion .....

DuncanTodd

go back a few pages, I sincerely think that the ASR representative of Aiyima is lost not only in his translations but also in his promises! It's bad marketing in my opinion .....
You mean the video with the "updated A07". I understand what you mean, but what the rep seems to be saying now is that this isn't the one you are waiting on.

daniboun

Major Contributor
You mean the video with the "updated A07". I understand what you mean, but what the rep seems to be saying now is that this isn't the one you are waiting on.

I remain skeptical ... who will live will see)

aon500

This product was originally intended as an upgraded version of A07, but there is no way to add PFFB to this, so we gave up this product as an upgraded version of A07.

I want REMOTE!!!!
Not Bluetooth , Not small Power Supply.
Do not add something that I can buy better by myself.
:eek::eek::eek::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ralferator

I saw you have now released your new amp...
I have the feeling that you have not taken into account the comments of the users of the site! I find the design completely neglected, the choice of components makes no sense if you have not yet saved the money to produce a low-end product ... what a pity!

BAD LLC PSU, dangerous design by the way !!!!
No DIP 8 socket for OP amps
Bad caps
Cheap design

AVOID this product please !!!!!!!

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Hbca90b4e8e094cafb9d357f84a0055daw.jpg

Why do you think it has bad caps? And why do you think the power supply is dangerous?

Last edited:

Ralferator

How much Voltage and Ampere does the power supply of this new amp deliver?

conuss

It's all good BUT! Just sold my A04 with a green board in the expectation of a black one of the best quality. The only seller https://aliexpress.ru/item/33045560...86062-383729109.1608286062&sku_id=67356443771 posted a higher price amplifier with a photo of a black board, but this is a hoax, it is really green with all the consequences. I allow you to paint the board in any color, just to raise the quality in the end! if you, as a manufacturer, recommend certain op-amps, then immediately put them! And it's time to take care of the quality of the potentiometer, which to a certain extent affects the sound! Waiting for THE NEW A04! You can do it!

Judging by the size of the cooling heatsink installed on the chip, there is either TPA3251 (and not TPA3255) under it, or the heatsink is inadequate for the dissipated thermal power.

Attachments

• 3255 aiyima.jpg
    3255 aiyima.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 3255.jpg
    3255.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 211
Top Bottom