• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

DuncanTodd

daniboun

Major Contributor
This diagram on their produt page makes it look like the analog input runs through the dsp, which suggests to me that the signal gets converted to digital and back to analog even if the eq is flat. What are you seeing or hearing that makes you think that's not the case?

Let me listen a few hours VS other amps...
I will share my opinion then )

pthung

Hi,
Last version will come with DIP8 socket so you can update yourself the OP amps.
I am really familiar with OPA1656 but it was the first time I heard the MC33272 when I got the DrMordor module....
I really wonder how Drmordor module will perform with OPA1656 ) But certainly very well ! I do love those OP amps and I am using it for months on my TPA3251.

To compare : OPA1656 bring the Bursons V5I to their knees as well and keep in mind : Burson V5I = $70 vs $10 for OPA1656
OPA1656 is a ultra low noise fet operational amplifier and delivers a low distortion of 0.000035% (–129 dB) at 20 kHz
If you love the OPA1612 you will love the OPA1656 too. It is a very accurate OP amps with a linear restitution It is much less colorful than an OPA627 for example and it lets out all the micro details when listening

People were very skeptical about the impressions I shared on the OPA1656 and now many people use it even in this project :

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/362341-aiyima-tpa3251-modification-build-thread.html
According to the specs MC33272 is way below OPA1656 and it will be interesting if Drmodor module with MC33272 sounds better than OPA1656

daniboun

Major Contributor
According to the specs MC33272 is way below OPA1656 and it will be interesting if Drmodor module with MC33272 sounds better than OPA1656

I agree, this why I was really surprised ) Since I don't have the last DrMordor version with DIP8 socket, I can't test with my OPA1656. The OPA1656 is installed in my AIYIMA amp and I will give a try into my 3E Audio amp as well to compare.
DrMordor is going to release soon a new Module with OPA1656, I spoke with him yesterday.

daniboun

Major Contributor
To answer the general question: where are the measurements relating to the DrMordor module. Know that in Russia the price of equipment is very expensive, all the more so with the health crisis. Vitaly is investing in order to be able to take measures by December.

However, I can answer you with syllogistic reasoning. DrMordor modules are built according to 360 Customs specifications, choice of components, caps, upgrades, inspirations, tips, etc. are taken from this common base (same goes for XRK Audio, Jlester & co...).

What we can expect from Drmordor modules in terms of performance therefore, if we always reason by syllogism: "if the Drmordor modules respect the 360 Cutoms recommendations and if the latter have incredible performance, then the Drmordor Modules should approach "

I am absolutely convinced of the measures to come) Fingers X

https://www.360customs.de/2018/07/tpa3255-tpa3251-tpa3245-final/

For now this is what displays in term of performance a Module from 360 Customs :

1 W
THD: 0,0016%
THD + N: 0,02%

10 W
THD: 0,0016%
THD + N: 0,013%

100 W
THD: 0,0039%
THD + N: 0,046%

3E Audio has released their new amp.
I'm a little worried that the amp box has no vents at the bottom or top. Thus, the electronic components will be sealed inside the aluminum box without the possibility of air cooling. No convection. I believe that even with a TPA3255 efficiency of 90% - even 10% of the thermal energy dissipated inside the case can create problems. Also inside the case and the power supply. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a small fan behind...
Without ventilation holes, its effectiveness seems to me very doubtful. Holes are needed for air flow at room temperature. And preferably located in places that would allow cold air to enter overheated components.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Yes you are right ... it is quite special that 3eaudio did not provide more ventilation.

OK since I own it.... I burnt it for 4 hours yesterday, nothing bad to report, case and heatsink were absolutely lukewarm and fan absolutely silent.
I hear a lot of people who dread the TPA3255 overheating, I have about ten amplifiers based on this chip, I have never had any problem with heat dissipation even in ABS / Aluminum case ! checkout !

My hypex NC502 which has a 1500W power supply heats up more than the TPA3255 = obvious) No problem either in this same ABS / alu case and after hours of listening!

VS

HYPEX NC502MP

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Your case has ventilation holes top and bottom though, which makes a big difference. I assume 3E have some inlet holes as well as an exhaust fan. If not it's easy to drill...

daniboun

Major Contributor
Your case has ventilation holes top and bottom though, which makes a big difference. I assume 3E have some inlet holes as well as an exhaust fan. If not it's easy to drill...

I think there is no reason to worry ) I will get back to you next month and you will see that everything is OK )

If there is fire in my apartment, you will be the first to know OK ? :))))

daniboun

Major Contributor
A07 upgraded version demo given by engineer.

THanks, what s inside the Box ?

used caps ?
Buffer caps ?
PSU ? LLC ?
OP Amps ?
DSP ?

Please share informations.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Amigos,
A share you a brand new info, a new TPA3255 will be released soon (secret hey hey) but I can already tell you that this board should outperfoms Bosc Gan modules and will perfom probably as good as the Purifi amps.... be patient )

This will be probably sold as a"finished amp" (like last 3E Audio amps)

The TPA3255 has enormous potential which is only limited around the components it is associated with .. this chip is so efficient that the latest measures announced by the manufacturer I am talking about; will surprise more than one of you)

Last edited:

Vladetz

We can see:
Bt/aux switch
Volume pot
Bass and treble adjustment

nerone

Amigos,
A share you a brand new info, a new TPA3255 will be released soon (secret hey hey) but I can already tell you that this board should outperfoms Bosc Gan modules and will perfom probably as good as the Purifi amps.... be patient )

This will be probably sold as a"finished amp" (like last 3E Audio amps)

The TPA3255 has enormous potential which is only limited around the components it is associated with .. this chip is so efficient that the latest measures announced by the manufacturer I am talking about; will surprise more than one of you)

who is the manufacturer and which amp are you talking about?

DuncanTodd

who is the manufacturer and which amp are you talking about?
My guess is it's an NSA product:)

Top Bottom