• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
After 30 days of waiting from aliexpress my AIYIMA A07 arrived, tried and it doesn't work, not even turn on the light

Check the power supply for sufficient voltage and the power cable/connector (solderless 5.5/2.5mm barrel connectors can be tricky to attach securely!) for continuity with a multimeter -- something like that is much more likely than a defective new amp, at least in my experience.

robertospeed

Check the power supply for sufficient voltage and the power cable/connector (solderless 5.5/2.5mm barrel connectors can be tricky to attach securely!) for continuity with a multimeter -- something like that is much more likely than a defective new amp, at least in my experience.

i didn't understand what you wrote, i'm italian and i use a translator, however i don't know about electronics, i have an old tpa3255 and it works with 36v 5a power supply, but it makes the pop noise, now i tried this new tpa3255 and it doesn't work with 36v 5a power supply and not even with 48v 7.3a power supply, now I contact the seller and I get my money back

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
i didn't understand what you wrote, i'm italian and i use a translator, however i don't know about electronics, i have an old tpa3255 and it works with 36v 5a power supply, but it makes the pop noise, now i tried this new tpa3255 and it doesn't work with 36v 5a power supply and not even with 48v 7.3a power supply, now I contact the seller and I get my money back

OK -- your call. I've gotten defective (non-Aiyima) stuff from AliExpress sellers in the past and they've always been good about refunds or replacements.

startkapital

Finally I got to at least start the build
I will still need a suitable case that I might just pick up locally
a 10000µF coupling cap is still on its way
BOM
  • 3E AUDIO EAUMT-0260-2-A 73 EUR
  • Mean Well LRS-350-48 33 EUR
  • Mundorf Cap 10.000 µF 63V 852910 22 EUR
  • Fused IEC Socket FI-03G 8.50 EUR
  • 2x Viborg CF201 Female XLR Sockets 21 EUR
  • 4x Banana Plug Binding Post Black/Red 7 EUR
164,50 EUR Total Amount so far

1. Should I be using a lower voltage power supply to mitigate the heat? I will be using Speakers that are rated 180Watt max 4 Ohm imp.
2. What is the easiest way to add a volume control to this setup?

NSFW only cardboard setup
IMG_20200911_220631.jpgIMG_20200911_220636.jpgIMG_20200911_220649.jpgIMG_20200911_220651.jpg

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Please give me email, and i will let our aliexpress colleague to help you slove the problem.

It would be helpful it you would provide "robertospeed" with your direct email so he can contact you personally.

robertospeed

Very strange I tried again with 36v 5a power supply and now it works, maybe before it had gone into protection when I had tried the other 48v 7.3a power supply, but how come with this power supply it doesn't work, however I apologize for my mistake, I would like to know which power supply it is suitable for AIYIMA A07 better than what I have 36v 5a, I would like a good power supply to exploit all the watts of the AIYIMA A07

Toku

Major Contributor
x
Very strange I tried again with 36v 5a power supply and now it works, maybe before it had gone into protection when I had tried the other 48v 7.3a power supply, but how come with this power supply it doesn't work, however I apologize for my mistake, I would like to know which power supply it is suitable for AIYIMA A07 better than what I have 36v 5a, I would like a good power supply to exploit all the watts of the AIYIMA A07

This is the cause I guessed as a result of reading your report.
I have bought and tested many Chinese amps so far. What I noticed was that the quality of the toggle switch used for the power switch etc. was not good. I encountered something that did not come into contact even when I turned it on several times. Maybe this is the cause for you too.
To improve the symptom, try turning the power switch on and off again and again. The internal contacts will move better and the symptoms will improve.

robertospeed

x

This is the cause I guessed as a result of reading your report.
I have bought and tested many Chinese amps so far. What I noticed was that the quality of the toggle switch used for the power switch etc. was not good. I encountered something that did not come into contact even when I turned it on several times. Maybe this is the cause for you too.
To improve the symptom, try turning the power switch on and off again and again. The internal contacts will move better and the symptoms will improve.
Do you think the cause is the on and off switch of the TPA3255?
So I try again with the other 48v 7.3A power supply?

Willyan

The problem detailed in item "3." (Aiyima A07?) has been fixed by the mfr. -- I bought two recently and they're both flawless AFAICT. Using a generic 48VDC 10A SMPS with an extra 1000mFd filter cap in shunt adjusted to about 50V to power both -- so far, no strain no pain in any respect.
Do you experiece severe heat generation with 48v dc 10a? is it reduce the unit life with 48v dc? i gonna try with 48v 5a, is there any problem with aiyima A07

robertospeed

You may use the 48v 7.3A power supply. However, I am currently using 36v because it generates a lot of heat.
I tried but there is nothing to do, it doesn't work
for the moment i use a 36v 5a power supply and it works, but the tpa3255 develops less watts in rms with a smaller power supply?

Toku

Major Contributor
I tried but there is nothing to do, it doesn't work
for the moment i use a 36v 5a power supply and it works, but the tpa3255 develops less watts in rms with a smaller power supply?
If you look closely at your video footage, the red power lamp LED will not light up when you turn on the power switch of AIYIMA A07. It is necessary to check that 48V is output correctly to the DC plug from the 48V power supply.

robertospeed

If you look closely at your video footage, the red power lamp LED will not light up when you turn on the power switch of AIYIMA A07. It is necessary to check that 48V is output correctly to the DC plug from the 48V power supply.

Which means I don't understand "It is necessary to check that 48V is output correctly to the DC plug from the 48V power supply."
I put everything correct as you can see in the video, I inserted the plugs well, I did a lot of tests

Toku

Major Contributor
Which means I don't understand "It is necessary to check that 48V is output correctly to the DC plug from the 48V power supply."
I put everything correct as you can see in the video, I inserted the plugs well, I did a lot of tests
I have attached the LED photos of your A07 and my A07 after power on.
The LED on your A07 is not lit. However, it works when a 36V power supply is connected, so the cause is that the DC48V power supply is not working.

Attachments

• Your A07.png
    Your A07.png
    528.6 KB · Views: 362
  • My A07jpg.jpg
    My A07jpg.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 354

robertospeed

I have attached the LED photos of your A07 and my A07 after power on.
The LED on your A07 is not lit. However, it works when a 36V power supply is connected, so the cause is that the DC48V power supply is not working.
but I already knew this, in fact in the video I said that the red light of the tpa3255 does not turn on, instead with the 36v 5a power supply it works and turns on the red light, instead with the 48v 7.3A power supply there is nothing to do unfortunately, but meanwhile the site says that the power supply is suitable for the tpa3255, I think the power supply has something wrong.

startkapital

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First test today

Top Bottom