• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

nerone

daniboun, I wrote to you privately on Diyaudio a few days ago, remember?
I am the owner of Aiyima A07 without modifications, in my opinion it sounds pretty good.
Unfortunately I burned my D30 dac by mistakenly feeding it with the 28V power supply I use for Aiyima, so my priority was the purchase of the DtMorder pcb, now the priority is to buy a dac first and then the Tpa of DrMotder.

daniboun

Major Contributor
daniboun, I wrote to you privately on Diyaudio a few days ago, remember?
I am the owner of Aiyima A07 without modifications, in my opinion it sounds pretty good.
Unfortunately I burned my D30 dac by mistakenly feeding it with the 28V power supply I use for Aiyima, so my priority was the purchase of the DtMorder pcb, now the priority is to buy a dac first and then the Tpa of DrMotder.

Now I remember sorry ) If you are looking for the best dac checkout, really useful :

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_DAC_Performance_Index/

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Ah ok - you should sell them on Aliexpress with the LM4562 too. Most people don't know you sell them replaced but if they knew they would probably buy more amps in your Aliexpress-shop.
[QUOTE = "AIYIMA, post: 553674, member: 19745"] L'ho controllato di nuovo.

Il nostro ingegnere ha detto che la lavagna precedente era la nostra A04 originale, ma poiché il condensatore ELNA 3000uf era esaurito, abbiamo sostituito altri condensatori, ma non c'era molta differenza nelle prestazioni.

In seguito lanceremo le versioni aggiornate di A04 e A07, utilizzeremo condensatori e altri componenti migliori. [/ CITAZIONE]

@ AIYIMA

Va bene grazie! Puoi dirci come faremo a sapere quando saranno disponibili i nuovi aggiornamenti A07? come sarà riconoscibile il modello con gli upgrade, con una sigla diversa? grazie!

Our engineers said that we would try to launch an upgraded version at the end of the year.

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
On the AIYIMA website you are already selling A07 with the LM4562 OP chip on board?
If A04 and A07 are not for sale yet, when do you think they will be?
Thank you

You can buy the replace OP chip A04 or A07 on aliexpress and our official website now.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Guys ! never buy any OP Amps from Aliexpress... most of them are fake !
Get it from Mouser, Audiophonics, Farnell and official dealers.

DuncanTodd

On the AIYIMA website you are already selling A07 with the LM4562 OP chip on board?
If A04 and A07 are not for sale yet, when do you think they will be?
Thank you
The OP amp upgrade can be selected under the "Color" drop menu on their site. Not the best place to offer it imo.

DuncanTodd

Good.

But 10$ more than first version. It's expensive. That OP values 1,6 $.
The way I see it, it's a service. You don't have to get it. If you prefer to order it elsewhere, open the amp and do it yourself, that's a solid route too. Maybe the updated version will already have it as a default op amp.
Speaking for myself, I don't like dealing with tiny stuff and someone said it needs some tweezers to pull it out, so paying the extra $4 over the normal cost of the chip won't phase me.
That said, people say there's all sorts of "versions" of all those chips, so if you want to be 100% sure you get the official one, you better do it on your own.
What I would like to know is whether the person who chooses the chip upgrade, is getting the default NE one too. The NE is built into the price already.

Last edited:

nerone

DuncanTodd

in a rectangle it says A07, press and the LM4562 chip option comes out, of course the price starts to go up $ 75.99
Yes, on the Aiyima site.
As I've said, on Aliexpress I can't see that upgrade option, which is why I didn't post links to there as well.

giangi90

[QUOTE = "DuncanTodd, post: 557345, member: 21637"] Per come la vedo io, è un servizio. Non devi ottenerlo. Se preferisci ordinarlo altrove, apri l'amplificatore e fallo da solo, anche questo è un percorso solido. Forse la versione aggiornata lo avrà già come amplificatore operazionale predefinito.
Parlando per me stesso, non mi piace occuparmi di cose minuscole e qualcuno ha detto che ha bisogno di alcune pinzette per estrarlo, quindi pagare i $ 4 extra rispetto al normale costo del chip non mi metterà a disagio.
Detto questo, la gente dice che ci sono tutti i tipi di "versioni" di tutti quei chip, quindi se vuoi essere sicuro al 100% di ottenere quello ufficiale, è meglio farlo da solo.
Quello che vorrei sapere è se la persona che sceglie l'aggiornamento del chip ottiene anche quello NE predefinito. Il NE è già integrato nel prezzo. [/ QUOTE]
The way I see it, it's a service. You don't have to get it. If you prefer to order it elsewhere, open the amp and do it yourself, that's a solid route too. Maybe the updated version will already have it as a default op amp.
Speaking for myself, I don't like dealing with tiny stuff and someone said it needs some tweezers to pull it out, so paying the extra $4 over the normal cost of the chip won't phase me.
That said, people say there's all sorts of "versions" of all those chips, so if you want to be 100% sure you get the official one, you better do it on your own.
What I would like to know is whether the person who chooses the chip upgrade, is getting the default NE one too. The NE is built into the price already.

Ok, sure.
I know it’s a service, but considering that one OP is being changed to another one of the same price, and that when the pieces already assembled will finish this version will still have to be modified with PFFB implementation Jlelectronic, a surcharge today of 10$ seems excessive to me. How much will the version with all the changes cost?

DuncanTodd

Ok, sure.
I know it’s a service, but considering that one OP is being changed to another one of the same price, and that when the pieces already assembled will finish this version will still have to be modified with PFFB implementation Jlelectronic, a surcharge today of 10$ seems excessive to me. How much will the version with all the changes cost?
I do question what happens with the old chip, will it be added to the modified product. We're still be paying for it.

I'm not a DIYer so I have very little idea what you mean about PFFB. If you're talking about what will be your end costs after making your own modifications, then that is not relevant as this is not a DIY bare board product, but a finalized product. If one wishes to gut it and make his own modifications that's up to him. If that is your intention, just order it as is and change whatever you like to. The upgrade as I see it is meant for people who just want a plug and play amp.

giangi90

[QUOTE = "DuncanTodd, post: 557345, member: 21637"] Per come la vedo io, è un servizio. Non devi ottenerlo. Se preferisci ordinarlo altrove, apri l'amplificatore e fallo da solo, anche questo è un percorso solido. Forse la versione aggiornata lo avrà già come amplificatore operazionale predefinito.
Parlando per me stesso, non mi piace occuparmi di cose minuscole e qualcuno ha detto che ha bisogno di alcune pinzette per estrarlo, quindi pagare i $ 4 extra rispetto al normale costo del chip non mi metterà a disagio.
Detto questo, la gente dice che ci sono tutti i tipi di "versioni" di tutti quei chip, quindi se vuoi essere sicuro al 100% di ottenere quello ufficiale, è meglio farlo da solo.
Quello che vorrei sapere è se la persona che controlla il chip ottiene anche quello NE predefinito. Il NE è già integrato nel prezzo. [/ CITAZIONE]
I do question what happens with the old chip, will it be added to the modified product. We're still be paying for it.

I'm not a DIYer so I have very little idea what you mean about PFFB. If you're talking about what will be your end costs after making your own modifications, then that is not relevant as this is not a DIY bare board product, but a finalized product. If one wishes to gut it and make his own modifications that's up to him. If that is your intention, just order it as is and change whatever you like to. The upgrade as I see it is meant for people who just want a plug and play amp.

Maybe I didn’t explain why English isn’t my native speaker, and then I try again: I don’t want to gut the amplifier, I want a finalized product.
If you read the whole thread, other users suggest the changes, and I also read the company agreed to make such changes, clearly to give a different product. I am waiting these changes; I asked also when those changes would be completed.
But I expected a lower price increase for the replacement of OP.

DuncanTodd

Maybe I didn’t explain why English isn’t my native speaker, and then I try again: I don’t want to gut the amplifier, I want a finalized product.
If you read the whole thread, other users suggest the changes, and I also read the company agreed to make such changes, clearly to give a different product. I am waiting these changes; I asked also when those changes would be completed.
But I expected a lower price increase for the replacement of OP.
Ah, OK. I got it now. I'm not very familiar with all those things.
From what I understood, you'd have to wait a bit longer for those promised changes. The Aiyima rep said they will try to release an updated model towards the end of the year. For those who want one now, there is just the option for an upgraded chip if wanted.
What the cost would be after the various changes is likely something you'll need to wait and see. Unless they are expensive changes, I'm guessing it would about the same price as it is now.
Also note the the price on the Aiyima site can be matched to the much cheaper price on Aliexpress. If you rather buy directly, you email them and ask for a price match to the Aliexpress price for your country and you'll get a discount code. It might even be cheaper cause I think they do free shipping.
You may not have whatever purchase protection Aliexpress has for lost/damaged packages though.

Last edited:

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, on the Aiyima site.
As I've said, on Aliexpress I can't see that upgrade option, which is why I didn't post links to there as well.

Because our link participated in the Double 11 event on AliExpress, the link cannot be modified temporarily. If you need this service, please contact AliExpress store customer service directly.

daniboun

Major Contributor
has anyone tried these yet? BRZHifi
600W TPA3255 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier Full Range HiFi Power Amplifier Amp Assembled
https://www.ebay.com/itm/600W-TPA3255-Class-D-Mono-Subwoofer-Full-Range-HiFi-Power-Amplifier-Assembled/174490626722?_trkparms=aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=229756&meid=e7dd4833a6174bfbbd7dd5e68426ad68&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&mehot=pf&sd=133165183070&itm=174490626722&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=SimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithDarwoV4BBEV2bLowerCap&brand=Unbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
if they had low noise they could be a game changer -i wonder if the noise would be low enough to use with DEQX active speakers etc There everywhere at the moment -and of course much cheaper on Ali

I own the full range version. I updated it with 4 OPA1656, 2 for tone control and 2 for amp side.
It is OK but the amplifier PSU is not well designed. They put a 36V / 350W PSU for a TPA3255... would be better with best caps and 44/48V PSU.

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_133052.jpg
    IMG_20200528_133052.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_20200528_133119.jpg
    IMG_20200528_133119.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Inside.JPG
    Inside.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Inside 2.JPG
    Inside 2.JPG