• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

aon500

I have checked it again.

Our engineer said that the previous blackboard was our original A04, but because the 3000uf ELNA capacitor was out of stock, we replaced other capacitors, but there was not much difference in performance.

We will launch upgraded versions of A04 and A07 later, we will use better capacitors and other components.

with remote option please , I will definitely buy A07 again.

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hello @robertospeed , I’m Italian too, I wanted to know which carrier made the shipment from China, I knew that if you do the "slow" shipment you are less likely to pay customs fees. Thank you!
(italiano: Ciao @robertospeed, volevo sapere come ti sei fatto spedire la merce, ho letto su alcuni forum che con la spedizione più lenta era meno probabile la richiesta di pagamento delle tasse doganali. Ciao!

Through AliExpress or our official website, generally slower logistics are used. Unless you buy a lot, there is generally no tax.

brad pitt

I am looking for a TPA3255 with PFFB implementation.
It seems that it is not so easy to find one. Is anybody can help me ?
Preferably a full packaged one.
Thanks.

giangi90

[QUOTE = "AIYIMA, post: 553674, member: 19745"] L'ho controllato di nuovo.

Il nostro ingegnere ha detto che la lavagna precedente era la nostra A04 originale, ma poiché il condensatore ELNA 3000uf era esaurito, abbiamo sostituito altri condensatori, ma non c'era molta differenza nelle prestazioni.

In seguito lanceremo le versioni aggiornate di A04 e A07, utilizzeremo condensatori e altri componenti migliori. [/ CITAZIONE]

@ AIYIMA

Va bene grazie! Puoi dirci come faremo a sapere quando saranno disponibili i nuovi aggiornamenti A07? come sarà riconoscibile il modello con gli upgrade, con una sigla diversa? grazie!

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Is the photo of actual assembled board for sale? What does "Not included" mean?
See earlier post which has more details. "Not included" means you're not buying a complete assembled board as shown. The shop page is quite clear about the options - none of them come with heatsink or the big reservoir caps, and the input opamps and output inductors are both optional. @brad pitt this one has PFFB, as does the one from XRK. Neither are fully assembled though. Have a look through @daniboun's earlier posts too.

Last edited:

chips666

Ralferator

We do not sell original chips, we provide A04 and A07 to replace LM4562 OP Chip.

Ah ok - you should sell them on Aliexpress with the LM4562 too. Most people don't know you sell them replaced but if they knew they would probably buy more amps in your Aliexpress-shop.

giangi90

We do not sell original chips, we provide A04 and A07 to replace LM4562 OP Chip.

On the AIYIMA website you are already selling A07 with the LM4562 OP chip on board?
If A04 and A07 are not for sale yet, when do you think they will be?
Thank you

0hm357aW

Just found this interesting new board from Class D Audio USA with the TPA3255 and XLR inputs.
Looks really interesting for me and did someone already tried it out?

https://www.classdaudio.com/ti-tpa3255.html

I like the thick high quality 4 layer PCB for heat dissipation and the mounted balanced outputs. I also like the bridged Mono function.

2 of them in mono might work out well.

Just the price. Price seems high compared some other TP3255 amp boards.

It's got my attention though.

I don't know enough about electronics to really analyze it. Hopefully somebody will take a look at the photos and report back if it looks worth the price.

brad pitt

is anybody experience with TPA3255 anti-pop function ?
Aiyima had issue about that then i am thinking to solve it with the JLE board i ordered. May be the 8 lead component near the switch of the A07 Aiyima should be a voltage supervisor ... ?

daniboun

Major Contributor

daniboun

Major Contributor

daniboun

Major Contributor
For European people only, I am working with DrMordor. If you are looking for high end RTR TPA3255 amplifier, you can send me a private message.

I have tested many many TPA325X amplifiers, see my reviews on DIYaudio, this is the best board I tested.

Spec :
TPA3255 RTR
TDK-Epcos core inductors
OPA LM4562MA
Mains Caps : 6x Epcos Audio Grade
Buffer Caps : Elna Silmic II
400W SMPS LLC PSU integrated (EDT34 core)
RFI filter.
Output filter caps : TDK / WIMA
PBTL / PBL mode (full balanced / balanced)

Last edited:

chips666

Copied from diyaudio

post_old.gif
27th October 2020, 10:35 AM #621
user_offline.gif
JLesterP
Philippines.gif

diyAudio Member

Here is the comparison of PFFB vs Non PFFB modules after days of listening,

PFFB: Huge soundstage, will push the vocals and instruments slightly backward. Very smooth, removed some irritating / harshness sound from the regular TPA3255.

Regular Non-PFFB: Very forward sounding vocals and instruments, more like in your face sound. Because of its forward sounding nature, some might prefer this.

Both PFFB and non-PFFB are sweet sounding, very black background, almost 'wire with gain'. TPA3255 has more bass though compared to other amps.

+1
This describes exactly the difference what i am hearing between "TPA3255EVM non PFFB" and "drMordor TPA3255 with PFFB"

Enjoy...
:)

daniboun

Major Contributor
Copied from diyaudio

post_old.gif
27th October 2020, 10:35 AM #621
user_offline.gif
JLesterP
Philippines.gif

diyAudio Member

Here is the comparison of PFFB vs Non PFFB modules after days of listening,

PFFB: Huge soundstage, will push the vocals and instruments slightly backward. Very smooth, removed some irritating / harshness sound from the regular TPA3255.

Regular Non-PFFB: Very forward sounding vocals and instruments, more like in your face sound. Because of its forward sounding nature, some might prefer this.
:)

I share this point of view but I have also noticed that PFFB brings much more power, maybe 25% more at same volume. Soundstage is really improved and the micro-details are really noticeable when listening, specially with HD Audio files it is really noticeable .

nerone

For European people only, I am working with DrMordor. If you are looking for high end RTR TPA3255 amplifier, you can send me a private message.

I have tested many many TPA325X amplifiers, see my reviews on DIYaudio, this is the best board I tested.

Spec :
TPA3255 RTR
TDK-Epcos core inductors
OPA LM4562MA
Mains Caps : 6x Epcos Audio Grade
Buffer Caps : Elna Silmic II
400W SMPS LLC PSU integrated (EDT34 core)
RFI filter.
Output filter caps : TDK / WIMA
PBTL / PBL mode (full balanced / balanced)

Does the TPA3255 not need a 600w power supply compared to the 400w of the DtMorder?

daniboun

Major Contributor
Does the TPA3255 not need a 600w power supply compared to the 400w of the DtMorder?

A real and well made 350W PSU is sufficient unless you push your amplifier to maximum power every day)
A LLC PSU is better as well. DrMordor LLC PSU are handcraft and can't be compared VS Chinese first priced PSU

For DrMordor 400W (600W is a peak value)
But if you want a larger PSU, no problem everything is possible with a DIY design.

Last edited:

nerone

A real and well made 350W PSU is sufficient unless you push your amplifier to maximum power every day)
A LLC PSU is better as well. DrMordor LLC PSU are handcraft and can't be compared VS Chinese first priced PSU
Thank you for the reply

Top Bottom