• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which IEM headphone ( with warm sound ) for > $40 max ?

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've just come across this video that tests the Z300 in audio conditions, I don't know if it's a test that can be taken seriously enough or not at all to know the sound signature of an IEM, some people will probably say ( no not at all ) in any case what I hear from this audio test of the Z300 pleases me enormously , It's a very ...( like cotton ) sound signature, not tiring, and it's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks to Human Bass who recommended this IEM to me, my choice is made !

The Z300 follows HBB like no other iem and that's a warm, safe signature. And if you dont like it, it is easy to resell thanks for the low price.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Does anyone know if BLON has a website , a twitter , FB , IG ...ect ? Because I can't find anything, only merchants selling their products. Thanks

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

That's it, I've ordered the BLON Z300, all I have to do now is wait for it to arrive and see if it's the IEM I was looking for. If I'm wrong, I'll be honest and say so . :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if BLON has a website , a twitter , FB , IG ...ect ? Because I can't find anything, only merchants selling their products. Thanks
Quite typical of the Chinese manufacturers in this part of the market to be honest. Those that do have sites don't tend to tell you much either.

The review community and large retailers /distributors like linsoul and Shenzhenaudio ARE their shop window.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Quite typical of the Chinese manufacturers in this part of the market to be honest. Those that do have sites don't tend to tell you much either.

The review community and large retailers /distributors like linsoul and Shenzhenaudio ARE their shop window.
Ok , thanks

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I've just come across a soundtest comparison of the HOLA and the WAN'ER , I hear practically no difference between the 2 , so the BLON Z300 , HOLA and WAN'ER really do have a virtually identical sound signature . And I find them both very good (for a warm and bassy sound) especially at the price where you can find them.

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not sure what is their setup but I suspect, between the recording microphone coloration, mixing choices they make, YT compression and the coloration of your own headphones / speakers, it will be exceedingly unlikely these sounds demos will give you any idea about how the IEMs will sound in reality.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I am not sure what is their setup but I suspect, between the recording microphone coloration, mixing choices they make, YT compression and the coloration of your own headphones / speakers, it will be exceedingly unlikely these sounds demos will give you any idea about how the IEMs will sound in reality.
Probably, but in this case, they're all equal and tested in the same way, so you can hear if two IEMs sound identical or not at all, if one or the other has more bass, medium or treble, and the HOLA vs WAN'ER test shows this, they're practically identical when you listen to them, which gives you an idea. But I'm well aware that the source from which you listen to these tests (like a PC, for example) changes everything, and in no way am I saying that this is the faithful sound of the IEM once you've got it on your ears. But given the way the videos are made, detailed with measurements, graphs, animations, we can see that it is done seriously and not by the local clown.

markanini

Major Contributor
But given the way the videos are made, detailed with measurements, graphs, animations, we can see that it is done seriously and not by the local clown.
This is a scientific forum. Few here will agree here that this virtualized sound demo is to a high enough standard to be used for informing purchasing decisions.

mc.god

just to say, i listned to that video from absolute crap headphones out of an old laptop + absolute crap iem coming with an old smartphone that i use for work calls and, while it sounded obviously like absolute crap, it seemed to me that Wan'er is just slightly warmer than Hola, when it should be the opposite looking at their graphs.
So really, don't waste too much time watching those videos, they are mostly not usefull, just wait for your Z300 to arrive and enjoy them.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

just to say, i listned to that video from absolute crap headphones out of an old laptop + absolute crap iem coming with an old smartphone that i use for work calls and, while it sounded obviously like absolute crap, it seemed to me that Wan'er is just slightly warmer than Hola, when it should be the opposite looking at their graphs.
So really, don't waste too much time watching those videos, they are mostly not usefull, just wait for your Z300 to arrive and enjoy them.
but I know that, but do I have the right to do it or do I have to ask permission? :) , Then you find the WAN'ER hotter, well not me, I found them practically identical on this test, but I must not have the right ears of course, I have "wish" ears.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

This is a scientific forum. Few here will agree here that this virtualized sound demo is to a high enough standard to be used for informing purchasing decisions.
Ah that's for sure that on the forums all the testers will say that it's worthless, no doubt about it !!!! It reminds me of the audiophile who recommended cables at crazy prices for my hifi speakers, just once I tried, and absolutely no difference in listening, I know it has nothing to do with EMI, I just want to say that sometimes you must also know to leave the charts of science. :)

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

A blind test would be fun, I think.

mc.god

but I know that, but do I have the right to do it or do I have to ask permission? :) , Then you find the WAN'ER hotter, well not me, I found them practically identical on this test, but I must not have the right ears of course, I have "wish" ears.
Clearly you can do what you want, it was just to say how unattendible are those type of contents.

markanini

Major Contributor
Ah that's for sure that on the forums all the testers will say that it's worthless, no doubt about it !!!! It reminds me of the audiophile who recommended cables at crazy prices for my hifi speakers, just once I tried, and absolutely no difference in listening, I know it has nothing to do with EMI, I just want to say that sometimes you must also know to leave the charts of science. :)
Sorry, you are wrong. The polite thing is to stick around a bit before making quick judgements about the membership. One reason I'm active here more than other sites is the opposite of what you are talking about.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Sorry, you are wrong. The polite thing is to stick around a bit before making quick judgements about the membership. One reason I'm active here more than other sites is the opposite of what you are talking about.
Passing judgement is not an insult, I'm just sharing the dubious experiences I've had with some advice from so-called experts ...ect, like the cable story I quoted above, and that's part of the reason why I'm put off by hyper-in-depth technique, often it's a lot of "blah, blah, blah" ... graphs ...ect, for most of the time very few results or no differences at all. In short ...

Lambo1985

That one was a winner in a recent shootout:
I saw this video and picked up a pair so I have a good reference point of what people like in terms of IEM's. There are WAY too many IEM's out there to go down that rabbit hole and I only use them as a utility set for commute and gym (AirPod Pro's/Beats Fit Pro). They have a spicey sparkle characteristic from around 3k up, that is musical and fun. Otherwise it's pretty neutral. I wouldn't consider these warm. With EQ, they are a great value.

markanini

Major Contributor
Passing judgement is not an insult, I'm just sharing the dubious experiences I've had with some advice from so-called experts ...ect, like the cable story I quoted above, and that's part of the reason why I'm put off by hyper-in-depth technique, often it's a lot of "blah, blah, blah" ... graphs ...ect, for most of the time very few results or no differences at all. In short ...
But in this thread are simple XY graphs are presented to be informative. Noting more, nothing less. The virtual sound demos you present add at least two extra layers uncertainty. First, by arbitrarily assuming the frequency response of the reproduction device. Second, by using non stock tips, changing the sound properties of the original product.

Other that that the virtual sound demos use the same systems as for creating graphs. So if you question the value of graphs and high complexity, the virtual sound demos should be not for you.

Reactions: RHO
OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

But in this thread are simple XY graphs are presented to be informative. Noting more, nothing less. The virtual sound demos you present add at least two extra layers uncertainty. First, by arbitrarily assuming the frequency response of the reproduction device. Second, by using non stock tips, changing the sound properties of the original product.

Other that that the virtual sound demos use the same systems as for creating graphs. So if you question the value of graphs and high complexity, the virtual sound demos should be not for you.
Anyway...

Top Bottom