• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which IEM headphone ( with warm sound ) for > $40 max ?

mc.god

The Blon Z300 have protruding socket and cable with 2 pin recessed into the rubber that envelopes the socket. I hate that type of cables since they always came with very angled connectors which cannot permit a good fit with my ears canals. Anyway that connector can accept normal straight 2 pin cables too, not really good looking but no problem, it's how I'm using my TRN MT1. You cannot do the opposite, that type of cable can't be plugged in a iem with flush or recessed socket, since the pins protrude too little from the connectors.

Anyway, if you want an assured warm sounding iem you should go with this with no EQ :p
Jokes aside, I can again vote for Truthear Hola, nice warm bass but not bloated, no high peaks still with decent claritiy.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

You're massively over-complicating this. The terms of reference you've provided aren't concrete enough to judge any of the suggestions that could be made, and now you're getting ahead of yourself trying to choose a cable you might one day want based on the connection of an IEM you may or may not buy.

You need to pick a starting point and go with it, as IAtaman said much earlier:

Since you're now looking at cables, which will cost almost as much or more than the Wan'er, I would still just buy the Wan'er and see if you like it purely by merit of it being the cheapest IEM which fits your description of 'warm'. i.e. seeing as this first purchase is going to be a sunk cost, you might as well make it the cheapest, given the likelihood you might like it and stick with it anyway.
And I'm not allowed to? I'm finding out if one day I'll have to change the cable if it becomes faulty, and not make a mistake in my choice of connector. It's crazy to be called to order in this way. I opened this thread for help because I don't know anything about IEMs, I'm just looking for an IEM with a sound signature I like, and to know a bit more about the subject and above all not to make any wrong choices or mistakes, I'm not doing anything more.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Obviously it would be QDC connectors. .

View attachment 293072
https://www.linsoul.com/products/blon-x-hbb-z300?variant=43874951987417 I'm just telling you what another retailer site is saying.

Either way, it's not a great design for finding easy replacements.

Edit , someone went to look lengths to describe on the headfi review page:

"The cable has over-ear guides and the 2Pin 0.78mm connectors are internal and are inside a whitish plastic sleeve."

Which if that is the case will be easy to find a cable that will connect but very hard to replicate the exact dimensions /angle of the connection and ear hook.

Last edited:

isostasy

And I'm not allowed to? I'm finding out if one day I'll have to change the cable if it becomes faulty, and not make a mistake in my choice of connector. It's crazy to be called to order in this way. I opened this thread for help because I don't know anything about IEMs, I'm just looking for an IEM with a sound signature I like, and to know a bit more about the subject and above all not to make any wrong choices or mistakes, I'm not doing anything more.
I'm not calling you to order at all, rather saying you might be worrying about things you don't need to and not having enough faith in your own choices. You will be able to find a replacement cable for any of the IEMs that have been suggested, so don't worry about that. I appreciate nobody wants to make a 'wrong choice' or 'mistake', but I would argue that even if you bought the Wan'er or Hola and hated them it would still not be a mistake because you would have at least established a reference. That alone is worth $20, never mind the possibility you might actually like whatever you buy and listen to it!

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I'm not calling you to order at all, rather saying you might be worrying about things you don't need to and not having enough faith in your own choices. You will be able to find a replacement cable for any of the IEMs that have been suggested, so don't worry about that. I appreciate nobody wants to make a 'wrong choice' or 'mistake', but I would argue that even if you bought the Wan'er or Hola and hated them it would still not be a mistake because you would have at least established a reference. That alone is worth $20, never mind the possibility you might actually like whatever you buy and listen to it!
It's not like I was going to buy a 200 dollar IEM either compared to a WAN"ER that I can find at 17 dollars and which is surely a good IEM, but if I can find a 40 dollar IEM and which will have a warmer sound than the WAN'ER I'm not going crazy in terms of price, I'm staying within my budget specified in the title of this thread, and as far as the cable is concerned, I was just asking about the type of connector (if one day I had to change it) Then anyway, let's imagine that I redirect myself to the WAN'ER, there will always be someone on the forum who will come and tell you that your choice has not was necessarily the right one, that I should have taken the Hola or other, so it's already quite complicated for me to find the right IEM and not to make a mistake if possible and to make the right choice. time, I think that if I take the BLON Z300, I remain resonable and within my starting price.

Chyżwar

I think that if I take the BLON Z300, I remain resonable and within my starting price.

If you like the look of the Blon Z300, just buy them and don't waste your time on pointless considerations which IEMs are best for you. All of these IEMs mentioned here are good, and minor differences in frequency response really don't matter when you're focused on listening to music, not on comparing IEMs. Just buy these Blon and enjoy your music :)

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
let's imagine that I redirect myself to the WAN'ER, there will always be someone on the forum who will come and tell you that your choice has not was necessarily the right one, that I should have taken the Hola or other, so it's already quite complicated for me to find the right IEM and not to make a mistake if possible and to make the right choice. time, I think that if I take the BLON Z300, I remain resonable and within my starting price.
Exactly. At some point it is gonna be like asking people which color they like - there will always be someone who says they like something else better, and more importantly, there is no right or wrong at this point, you gotta see the color for your self to see if you like it or not. So pick one and go with it , and don't let more expensive should be better thoughts into your head.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

If you like the look of the Blon Z300, just buy them and don't waste your time on pointless considerations which IEMs are best for you. All of these IEMs mentioned here are good, and minor differences in frequency response really don't matter when you're focused on listening to music, not on comparing IEMs. Just buy these Blon and enjoy your music :)
It's not just for the look of the Z300 that I've decided to go for it, although its construction seems to be more solid (a little less cheap) than that of the WAN'ER, but on paper the Z300 looks even hotter than the WAN'ER, which is why I'm going for the Z300. As for my questions here, isn't that what forums are for? There are some really nice guys who have helped me here and in pv messages, others less so who give the impression of calling you to order, I don't really understand why, if my questions bother them why answer me? In any case, thank you for those who have helped me so kindly, but I think I'll manage on my own now. Thanks again.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Your question doesn't bother me or anyone else. I just think that too much reading about IEMs, analyzing graphs, etc. is a waste of time :) You have a good feeling about the Z300 so just buy it, I'm 99% sure you'll be satisfied.
Thanks , everything's cool then .

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I've just come across this video that tests the Z300 in audio conditions, I don't know if it's a test that can be taken seriously enough or not at all to know the sound signature of an IEM, some people will probably say ( no not at all ) in any case what I hear from this audio test of the Z300 pleases me enormously , It's a very ...( like cotton ) sound signature, not tiring, and it's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks to Human Bass who recommended this IEM to me, my choice is made !

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
I've just come across this video that tests the Z300 in audio conditions, I don't know if it's a test that can be taken seriously enough or not at all to know the sound signature of an IEM, some people will probably say ( no not at all)
No not at all :)
Whatever you're using to listen to the demo will distort the recording, so it will not reflect the actual sound of the IEM.

in any case what I hear from this audio test of the Z300 pleases me enormously , It's a very ...( like cotton ) sound signature, not tiring, and it's exactly what I'm looking for.
graph (20).png
On the coupler, the Z300 looks almost identical to the BL03, whose bloated, head-pounding bass response I found very tiring. It was much better for me after reducing the bass some.
It's inexpensive enough though, so best to try yourself I guess.
Still, my vote is on the not quite as bassy Hola. It's cheaper, too.
graph (22).png

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

No not at all :)
Whatever you're using to listen to the demo will distort the recording, so it will not reflect the actual sound of the IEM.

View attachment 293233
On the coupler, the Z300 looks almost identical to the BL03, whose bloated, head-pounding bass response I found very tiring. It was much better for me after reducing the bass some.
It's inexpensive enough though, so best to try yourself I guess.
View attachment 293235
Nevermind , the Z300 will be my choice , anyway it was totally impossible for me to listen to this or that model before buying it,so I can search like this for years and with a certain number of contradictory opinions from one or the other because everyone never agrees on the same model. l l so I have to make a choice. And if I'm not going for the Hola or the WAN"ER it's not for price or anything because the Z300 is just a few dollars more expensive, I'm not going for a 100 dollar IEM or even more, if I chose the Z300 it is also from the point of view of construction quality, it seems to me a little less (cheap), which does not mean once again that the Hola or the WAN'ER are rotten , they surment trs good for the price , but I would stay on the Z300 , my choice is made .

Last edited:

mc.god

View attachment 293235
Anyway I think the difference are very subtle and mostly due to the measurement rig used, here another example where Z300 results more bassier and warmer than Hola
graph (1).png

then, from HBB himself (the guy that tuned the Z300), they seem almost totally alike

graph (2).png

So in the end if the choice is for the Z300 I think he will be almost surely satisfied with them.

GaryH

Major Contributor
Just goes to show none of these clone coupler measurements can be trusted.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I'd second this. I'd say the Cadenza is closer to neutral than warm, but it has well-controlled treble ime.
Well, that's all I'm running away from, neutral sounds, I can understand that a lot of people like it, I don't like it at all, even seeing it tires my ears very quickly. lol

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Yes I really think, because I had fun listening to the first 48 videos of the tester's youtube channel and which all have the same audio track, keeping aside and in reference the Z300, and well for me among the 48 it's is the Z300 that I prefer even if some sound very very close and downright much more expensive, such as the Sennheiser IE200 which looks a lot like it but with too much treble for me, parcontre the bass level I find it great, and when I look at the price... around 150 dollars. I didn't like the Kiwi Ears Cadenza at all, too cold for me and somewhat set back compared to the Z300. The Hola is good but I find him less bass as I like but it remains rather good considering for its price. So on the other hand there are two on which I was heading at first, it's the Thruther Zero and the Zero Red and I don't like them at all lol, yet a lot of people love them. Here, even if the sound of these video tests are biased by the material with which I listened to them, I will still go for the Z300, if I am disappointed too bad for me. Ah just one thing that I would add, I found in the Z300 a kind of presence in the sound that the others don't, I don't really know how to explain it. Too bad he hasn't tested the WAN'ER yet because I would have been curious to listen to it. Sorry for the writing mistakes but my translator doesn't translate everything very well, and my English is not great lol.

FireShot Capture 299 - (10) Dan's Audio Reviews - YouTube - www.youtube.com.jpg

Last edited:
OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Anyway I think the difference are very subtle and mostly due to the measurement rig used, here another example where Z300 results more bassier and warmer than Hola
View attachment 293290
then, from HBB himself (the guy that tuned the Z300), they seem almost totally alike

View attachment 293299

So in the end if the choice is for the Z300 I think he will be almost surely satisfied with them.
Yes I think, I listened to the Hola in the Dan's Audio test video, the Hola is almost as present in the bass as the Z300, however at the treble level I preferred the Z300, but the Hola is still very good for its price for sure. I think the part of the treble that I preferred in the Z300 is in the 8k or it is more present than the Hola . Otherwise they are similar .

Last edited:
Top Bottom