• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

VonGoethe

Definitely the iBasso DC01.
I drive my Denon D7200 with this tiny thing and my RME ADI 2 gets less and less playtime.
The device is unbelievable.

Oukkidoukki

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Crane song solaris would be intresting.....it has been praised in pro audio world

Veri

Master Contributor
Crane song solaris would be intresting.....it has been praised in pro audio world
Here are some from SBAF if you're curious:

index.php

Second and third harmonic at roughly -110dB would make the SINAD distortion dominated. The headphone outputs also show quite some distortion, although mostly even and possibly 'pleasing' to some... Objectively it doesn't come close to the RME ADI-2.

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
If you can get your hands on a Xilica Solaro speaker processor with ADC (audio input) and DAC (audio output) modules it would be nice too, since I'm intending to turn one into some DAC/pre/Eq/Xover in my system...

Kane1972

Got link to work now. So you are saying that €1499 item is poorly made? How do they get away with it? Looks well constructed in the images.

They don’t look much alike to me.

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
Must be censored in your country ;)
Maybe this one will do : https://www.elecson.com/2220-3d-lab-nano-dac-v2-b.html
Don't know whether they get away very much :rolleyes: French manufacturing costs ain't cheap, so one way of getting a half decent resale price is to cut some corners... I had this thing (former version TBH, might have improved since) once, it sounded OK with lots of functionalities but the case looked and felt like cheap DIY.

Top Bottom