• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Kane1972

iFi ZEN Blue - Bluetooth HiRes DAC (129$)
I saw this too, but it does not have a USB input unfortunately, which makes it no good for me. I want Bluetooth as the addition to a wired (USB) connection and I applaud them for stepping up the game with "high res" over Bluetooth.

elberoth

I'm not sure if that question has been already asked or not, but I would like to see Amir's Levinson 360 DAC measurements vs his current Topping reference.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It would be nice to have measurements for iQaudio PIDAC-PRO (TI PCM5242)
Thanks.
I have this but gave out my Pi platform to someone else. So have to build another image, etc. Will review at some point...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm not sure if that question has been already asked or not, but I would like to see Amir's Levinson 360 DAC measurements vs his current Topping reference.
OK, I will put it out and test soon....

DivineCurrent

Forum Donor
A "current drive" headphone amp would be cool. I'm thinking specifically of the Questyle DAC/Amps like the CMA600i/800R and the CMA Twelve that just came out.

I'd also like to see either the CMA400i or the CMA Twelve from Questyle. According their website specs, the Twelve especially looks like it will measure well. They also claim to measure every CMA400i with the Audio Precision AP2722. I assume this would be the case for the Twelve as well.

https://www.questyle.com/en/product/CMA-twelve
https://www.questyle.com/en/product/CMA400i

ELIAS

Please the M500, I need to see if they resolved the ESS HUMP issue in the circuit design before I buy it, and how is the jitter performance. Hope you will receive a unit for review.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

ELIAS

Hello all, I am new here and in this field.
Can someone please tell me what ESS HUMP looks like in music? It affects the quality of bass mid or high? It causes Noise? Hiss? Harsh? Loss of clarity?...
thank u all

Krunok

Major Contributor
Can someone please tell me what ESS HUMP looks like in music? It affects the quality of bass mid or high? It causes Noise? Hiss? Harsh? Loss of clarity?...
thank u all

Nobody demonstrated that it is audible, so why worry?

Veri

Master Contributor
thank u all
In all but the most severe cases it should be inaudible really...

No idea what it should 'sound' like.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Please the M500, I need to see if they resolved the ESS HUMP issue in the circuit design before I buy it, and how is the jitter performance. Hope you will receive a unit for review.
One is being sent. Apparently there was a national holiday in Japan, causing some delay.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
thank u all
It will impact any aspect of music that is medium in level. Likely not bass since that tends to be louder. As noted though, it is not clear how or if it is audible.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One is being sent. Apparently there was a national holiday in Japan, causing some delay.
awesome!!!

did topping ever get back to you about the q5s and AM3D amplifier module? (THX 78 fully balanced topo)

ELIAS

Thank u so much.
I want to upgrade my AE-5 to M500, i hate internal DAC, for my S2000PRO and use balanced XLR cables. I am sure it will be a good upgrade. Hope your review will prove M500 worth it

Top Bottom