• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

neukrisz

The made TEAC NT-505 measurement was great, but this type of unit can be completely different if you could measure it as network streamer (not as USB DAC) - the weakest point of this unit is the USB "gate" (unfortunately not as good like the XMOS XU208/XU216 types)
Since this unit is mainly a Streamer (from local network/internet) the most interesting measurements for most of the users is this capability.
The NET board is brand newly developed and I assume much-much higher quality than the USB input. (I guess Lumin D2/T2 level at least) YT review (see the ENG sub)
Is is possible to re-measure the NT-505 from network as source?

Many many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KeiIto

Hello, I'm new to the forum but has been reading the articles with great enthusiasm. Recently I enjoy a lot of very detailed speaker measurements, but on the other hand measurements of portable systems somehow seem to have been decreased. I would like to see the reviews of recent portable DACs such as Fiio Q5s and BTR5 to see how they would compare with competitors...

majingotan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The $199 Schiit Modius Balanced DAC through AES vs USB input. I’m interested if this can even reach topping E30’s performance given that the specs provided by Schiit isn’t too shabby.

@T.M.Noble any interest in sending Amir this Schiit for review?

T.M.Noble

Manufacturer
The $199 Schiit Modius Balanced DAC through AES vs USB input. I’m interested if this can even reach topping E30’s performance given that the specs provided by Schiit isn’t too shabby.

@T.M.Noble any interest in sending Amir this Schiit for review?
Amir received his Modius this past Saturday. I look forward to his review as well.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #2,051
I really wanna see Asgard 3 review with 4490 akm chip included. There is really no all in one option like this in the market with good build and strong amp. I wanna see how it measures.
This is being sent in. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #2,052

Music1969

Major Contributor
I really wanna see Asgard 3 review with 4490 akm chip included. There is really no all in one option like this in the market with good build and strong amp. I wanna see how it measures.
If it had the stepped attenuator volume control like Ragnarok (for no channel imbalance issues) I’d agree.

Maybe version 4 !

Cahudson42

Amazon Fire 7 Tablet sent in a bit ago.. Amazon Echo Input..

Both to see comparison with Dongles and LG Quad DAC..

Just discovered this forum as I am getting back into high end audio, thanks for the reviews. I have an old Pioneer XPA-700 I could loan you. Curious to see the results.