• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Veri

Master Contributor
The iFi Hip DAC-Amp is being hyped to high heaven now. It'd be good to know whether it's worth it.
They always build around the same stuff so it will measure around 90dB SINAD like their other stuff. Question remains how good its internal amp is. 50mW performance is probably not too stellar...

Asylum Seeker

They always build around the same stuff so it will measure around 90dB SINAD like their other stuff. Question remains how good its internal amp is. 50mW performance is probably not too stellar...
The other question is how it fares against the Topping NX4 DSD stalwart.

Zerohour

ifi Hipdac hisses on sensitive IEMs while NX4 doesn't (tested them with Andro), so yeah, that's already a big no for me.

It does have balanced 4.4mm, so if you need that, sure.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yulong Aquila II

Alternatively:
GUSTARD A20H
Singxer SDA-2

I offered to buy one and send it in for test. Waiting for Amir to respond to my offer. I know he's swamped so I'll be patient. I like the red one:
c27f162f22895fbea5da5c8146b4cd60_4e5f0bb8-d38e-4dd4-8ab3-d755e6d1eb2d_2048x2048.jpg

Martin

wannarock2

On DIYAudio Allo says they will send Amir one, actually :)
Here is hoping amirm will find the time to dig the Revolution DAC out of the closet, dust it off and complete the Allo firmware update. Would enjoy seeing the specs.

Ps - if that is not in the realm of possibilities maybe have Allo ‘drop-ship’ a new updated box

nick-v

I'd love to see an Esoteric DAC measured. I used to own an Esoteric SA-50 DAC/SACD Player that I really enjoyed (I used it with a miniDSP DDRC-22D digital-to-digital Dirac Live processor). I would be interested to see if the measured performance equates at all to the price and the "cachet".

Top Bottom