• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

KeiIto

Hello, I'm new to the forum but has been reading the articles with great enthusiasm. Recently I enjoy a lot of very detailed speaker measurements, but on the other hand measurements of portable systems somehow seem to have been decreased. I would like to see the reviews of recent portable DACs such as Fiio Q5s and BTR5 to see how they would compare with competitors...

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The $199 Schiit Modius Balanced DAC through AES vs USB input. I’m interested if this can even reach topping E30’s performance given that the specs provided by Schiit isn’t too shabby.

@T.M.Noble any interest in sending Amir this Schiit for review?

T.M.Noble

Audio Company
The $199 Schiit Modius Balanced DAC through AES vs USB input. I’m interested if this can even reach topping E30’s performance given that the specs provided by Schiit isn’t too shabby.

@T.M.Noble any interest in sending Amir this Schiit for review?

Amir received his Modius this past Saturday. I look forward to his review as well.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I really wanna see Asgard 3 review with 4490 akm chip included. There is really no all in one option like this in the market with good build and strong amp. I wanna see how it measures.
This is being sent in. :)

Zerohour

Zishan, one of the earlier hyped cheap DAP/amp with their Zishan Z1 made a USB-DAC, the U1:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001111401655.html

I know a lot of stuff has come out and performed much better than the Z1, but I'm still intrigued by this since they still retain their amateur DIY feel all this time

1591260362798.png

Music1969

Major Contributor
I really wanna see Asgard 3 review with 4490 akm chip included. There is really no all in one option like this in the market with good build and strong amp. I wanna see how it measures.

If it had the stepped attenuator volume control like Ragnarok (for no channel imbalance issues) I’d agree.

Maybe version 4 !

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Amazon Fire 7 Tablet sent in a bit ago.. Amazon Echo Input..

Both to see comparison with Dongles and LG Quad DAC..

faisal2003456

Just discovered this forum as I am getting back into high end audio, thanks for the reviews. I have an old Pioneer XPA-700 I could loan you. Curious to see the results.

TheSacredSoul

Read on JDS blog the Atom DAC is out to reviewers hands. Is that true? If so, can't wait for the measurements!

Veri

Master Contributor
Read on JDS blog the Atom DAC is out to reviewers hands. Is that true? If so, can't wait for the measurements!
"Reviewers" might mean Zeos, possibly behind patreon paywall at first.. lol

taner

ES9038Q2M based dac boards from aliexpress. I wonder how they really measure rather how they look.

Lusya-ES9038Q2M-decoder-board-NE5532-OPA1612-AD8397-I2S-input-ES9038-asynchronous-USB-module-c...jpg
ES9038Q2M-ES9038-Q2M-I2S-DSD-Optical-Coaxial-Input-Decoder-DAC-Headphone-Output-HiFi-Audio-Amp...jpg
Lusya-ES9038-Q2M-DAC-DSD-Decoder-Board-Supports-IIS-DOP-32bit-384KHz-DSD512-T0157.jpg

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
ES9038Q2M based dac boards from aliexpress. I wonder how they really measure rather how they look.

View attachment 69835View attachment 69836
These cheap boards tend to be really crap, with bad/stiff RCA connectors, bad to none power filtering and sky-high output impedance in the case of a headphone out.

I would suggest to save your money :oops: I'm never going that route again.

taner

These cheap boards tend to be really crap, with bad/stiff RCA connectors, bad to none power filtering and sky-high output impedance in the case of a headphone out.

I would suggest to save your money :oops: I'm never going that route again.
There are too many of them and you can't be sure until someone who with proper equipment had measured them. When looking at component selection, I really can't see much difference with well measured ones. The black little board is just 25$ shipped and you can see all critical components there (except digital receiver of course). If that thing would measure worse than H8/Sonata HD boards, that would be really shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom