• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Major Contributor
Más de 1.000 detenidos ya en toda España por incumplir el estado de alarma del Covid-19
[Spanish] https://www.europapress.es/nacional...ir-estado-alarma-covid-19-20200325155422.html

More than 1,000 already detained throughout Spain for breaching the state of alarm of the Covid-19
https://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.europapress.es/nacional/noticia-mas-1000-detenidos-ya-toda-espana-incumplir-estado-alarma-covid-19-20200325155422.html

[ A total of 1,057 people have been detained throughout Spain for breaching the restrictions of the state of alarm to deal with the coronavirus pandemic, according to data from the Interior Ministry updated on Wednesday with the actions of all the police forces, including autonomous police and local.

In the last 24 hours, 129 arrests were made in the country as a whole and 20,225 sanction proposals were raised through the Citizen Security Law. These proposals already add 123,216 minutes if all the files are added since the state of alarm approved eleven days ago, after the Council of Ministers of March 14, came into effect.... ]

Thanks to the almost 900 murders by the ETA terrorist band, the National Police and, above all, the Guardia Civil, are very effective on this occasion. Regional and local police also arrest and punish. All four under one command.

And Military Police too. Now the soldiers are also agents of authority. Combined patrols of civil guards with the military are proposed.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardia_Civil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Guard_(Spain)

[ As a national police force, the Guardia Civil is comparable today to the French National Gendarmerie, the Italian Carabinieri, the Portuguese National Republican Guard or the Dutch Royal Marechaussee (among others) as it is part of the European Gendarmerie Force... ]

Last edited:

Jess

[QUOTE = "maty, post: 357562, member: 637"] Más de 1,000 detenidos ya en toda España por incumplimiento del estado de alarma del Covid-19
[Español] https://www.europapress.es/nacional...ir-estado-alarma-covid-19-20200325155422.html

Más de 1.000 ya detenidos en toda España por violar el estado de alarma del Covid-19
https://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.europapress.es/nacional/noticia-mas-1000-detenidos-ya-toda-espana-incumplir-estado-alarma- covid-19-20200325155422.html

[ A total of 1,057 people have been detained throughout Spain for breaching the restrictions of the state of alarm to deal with the coronavirus pandemic, according to data from the Interior Ministry updated on Wednesday with the actions of all the police forces, including autonomous police and local.

In the last 24 hours, 129 arrests were made in the country as a whole and 20,225 sanction proposals were raised through the Citizen Security Law. These proposals already add 123,216 minutes if all the files are added since the state of alarm approved eleven days ago, after the Council of Ministers of March 14, came into effect.... ]

Gracias a los casi 900 asesinatos de la banda terrorista de ETA, la Policía Nacional y, sobre todo, la Guardia Civil , son muy efectivos en esta ocasión. La policía regional y local también arresta y castiga. Los cuatro bajo un comando . [/ CITA]
"Gracias a los casi 900 asesinatos de la banda terrorista de ETA, la Policía Nacional y, sobre todo, la Guardia Civil , son muy efectivos en esta ocasión".
¿Estás loco? [/ CITA]
[QUOTE = "maty, post: 357562, member: 637"] Más de 1,000 detenidos ya en toda España por incumplimiento del estado de alarma del Covid-19
[Español] https://www.europapress.es/nacional...ir-estado-alarma-covid-19-20200325155422.html

Más de 1.000 ya detenidos en toda España por violar el estado de alarma del Covid-19
https://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.europapress.es/nacional/noticia-mas-1000-detenidos-ya-toda-espana-incumplir-estado-alarma- covid-19-20200325155422.html

[Un total de 1.057 personas han sido detenidas en toda España por violar las restricciones del estado de alarma para hacer frente a la pandemia de coronavirus, según datos del Ministerio del Interior actualizados el miércoles con las acciones de todas las fuerzas policiales, incluida la policía autónoma y local.

En las últimas 24 horas, se realizaron 129 arrestos en todo el país y se presentaron 20,225 propuestas de sanciones a través de la Ley de Seguridad Ciudadana. Estas propuestas ya agregan 123,216 minutos si se agregan todos los archivos desde que entró en vigencia el estado de alarma aprobado hace once días, después de que el Consejo de Ministros del 14 de marzo entró en vigencia ...]

Gracias a los casi 900 asesinatos de la banda terrorista de ETA, la Policía Nacional y, sobre todo, la Guardia Civil , son muy efectivos en esta ocasión. La policía regional y local también arresta y castiga. Los cuatro bajo un comando .

Y la policía militar también. Ahora los soldados también son agentes de autoridad . Se proponen patrullas combinadas de guardias civiles con militares.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardia_Civil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Guard_(Spain)

[Como fuerza policial nacional, la Guardia Civil es comparable hoy a la Gendarmería Nacional Francesa , el Carabinieri Italiano , la Guardia Republicana Nacional Portuguesa o el Marechaussee Real Holandés (entre otros) ya que es parte de la Fuerza de Gendarmería Europea ...] [/ CITAR]

"Gracias a los casi 900 asesinatos de la banda terrorista de ETA, la Policía Nacional y, sobre todo, la Guardia Civil , son muy efectivos en esta ocasión".

Do something. This man is an unconscious. How can you say that nonsense? Linking Spanish police effectiveness to punish non compliance with the number of murder by the ETA (now disappeared terrorist group) is simply an aberration. You should be ashamed for making the se comments at such dramatic moments.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

maty

Major Contributor
For territory control, the Guardia Civil has always been very effective, being a body with a military hierarchy. Its effectiveness in all types of police situations has improved after successfully combating terrorists then and now. Of all the Spanish police forces, it is the most effective.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I admit to bulk buying beer but all from small independent breweries that really need the business.

Beer will run out..., Well not in my house but ..
I've not bought any, and there is no beer worth drinking in the house. A friend had 2 firkins of London Pride given to him by a pub that was closing, plenty of room in his garden to maintain a 2m distance if I get desperate.

My whisky stocks are good.

Willem

Major Contributor
The Guardia Civil has a cruel history of oppression under the Franco dictatorship. I am sure they are different now but I am always apprehensive about police forces that are too effective. But maybe that is Dutch anarchism

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I admit to bulk buying beer but all from small independent breweries that really need the business.

Beer will run out..., Well not in my house but ..

We are adequately stocked with beer, wine, and Bourbon. Unfortunately, since I'm in the construction industry, I still have to go to work every day so can't take advantage.

maty

Major Contributor
Some forget that the dictatorship ended more than forty years ago. And the Spanish Constitution has many chapters copied from the most advanced Magna Carta then, the German one, going further than it on issues of guarantees.

Does anyone doubt the good work of the current German Police?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Guardia Civil has a cruel history of oppression under the Franco dictatorship. I am sure they are different now but I am always apprehensive about police forces that are too effective. But maybe that is Dutch anarchism
No! Common Sense. The potential for abuse in these troubled times is great.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it's your loved one that's got a enforced DNR than I expect that's going to impact whether you think the NHS is coping.
Whilst easy to say whilst theoretical, I'm in favour of the doctors saying there isn't anything we can do, rather than prolonging the inevitable. If there are drugs to ease the suffering so much the better.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
We are adequately stocked with beer, wine, and Bourbon. Unfortunately, since I'm in the construction industry, I still have to go to work every day so can't take advantage.
My sites shut, opened , shut again and now ones just opened again having shut last night , opened , shut and opened again .

I know confusing isn't it ha ha .

Meanwhile the material manufacturers have shut , stayed shut so one wonders when everything will shut again .. ... .. .

I can effectively work in isolation, nobody comes in my plots as the music is too loud and they think jazz is classical and either way don't like it much.

" Oh Tom , you listening to that weird classical shit again "

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Whilst easy to say whilst theoretical, I'm in favour of the doctors saying there isn't anything we can do, rather than prolonging the inevitable. If there are drugs to ease the suffering so much the better.
I don't envy the frontline medical staff that have to make those calls.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't envy the frontline medical staff that have to make those calls.
I don't envy front-line staff on anything. A lot of doctors are much less bothered by this sort of thing than normal people, death is part of their job, but it will be tricky without years of experience in this disease to guide them, just a check list to make the decision for them.

Willem

Major Contributor
There was an interview on Dutch radio with a very fit 66 year old just retired intensive care MD. He said he had told his wife and children that if he fell ill not to allow the hospital to put him on a ventilator. He would rather die given the massive permanent damage one would incur and the long and only very partial road to recovery. He should know. Sigh, I am 67.

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
As I think I mentioned earlier I talked with a friend who is a senior intensive care doctor. Stating the obvious however sad is part of his job and he said deciding who has a chance and who does not is relatively easy with all the precise protocols and with the kind of experience that he has. He was not particularly bothered about having to take tough decisions and instead was looking forward to the challenge of saving as many as possible. That is why he chose to do this job. But it also demands absolute and resolute clarity about the inevitable.

Jess

[CITA = "maty, puesto: 357580, miembro: 637"] Para el control del territorio , la Guardia Civil siempre ha sido muy efectiva, siendo un cuerpo con una jerarquía militar . Su eficacia en todo tipo de situaciones policiales ha mejorado después de combatir con éxito a los terroristas en ese momento y ahora. De todas las fuerzas policiales españolas, es la más efectiva. [/ CITA]

Control del territorio? Se trata de arrestar o sancionar a un simple ciudadano por incumplimiento del encierro que obliga el estado de alarma.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LINK to update on evaluating the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine.

Hydroxychloroquine, a medicine for malaria that President Donald Trump has touted as a treatment for coronavirus, was no more effective than conventional care, a small study found. The report published by the Journal of Zhejiang University in China showed that patients who got the medicine didn’t fight off the new coronavirus more often than those who did not get the medicine.

The study involved just 30 patients. Of the 15 patients given the malaria drug, 13 tested negative for the coronavirus after a week of treatment. Of the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine, 14 tested negative for the virus. The results of the study weren’t statistically significant.

Hydroxychloroquine, particularly when given with the antibiotic azithromycin, has received widespread attention following a controversial, small study of about 40 patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in France. In that study, the drug appeared to help clear the virus from the bodies of 26 patients who were given the medication, based on samples taken from nasal swabs. Experts have criticized the design of the study, calling it interesting but far from definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom