• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What to buy

ludespeedny

I recently bought the Monoprice T6 towers and C6 center. With the sale on now and the promo code, I can get the B6's for $75/ea or the B5's for $85 for the pair.
I currently cant really mount the bookshelves, but am suffering from fear-of-missing-out since both these seem to be lowest price I have seen.
Any suggestions on which to buy, or should I hold off?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Depending on what AVR you're using, perhaps you want to consider the Monoprice M518HT system as an inexpensive way to go beyond 5.0 surround?

It's been reviewed very favorably by Erin from EAC, with the only real drawback being limited output capabilities, which in your case should hardly come into play as you already have proper LCR speakers and the satellites would only be used as surround/height speakers.

staticV3

Master Contributor
That one's capable of 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos.

The M518HT set would annoyingly leave you one satellite speaker short of the full set.
Perhaps Monoprice support would be willing to sell one extra satellite at a discount?

Top Bottom