• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What makes you Passionate about Audio

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it really anything other than the content whether that's straight music or games and movies?
Yes the quality of the content so that means the quality of the gear. so if you are a gear head there can be passion for both. Further, if one started early and maybe made a hobby or career out building, testing and listening it could be higher high or just liking the idiosyncrasies of the technology.

concorde1

For me I listen to music often over an hour a day. It energises me. I also don't accept compromise for anything much. I don't like the trend of wireless speakers and small plastic-y things. With good speakers or headphones I hear the music such that it's almost as good as being in front of a performance; it's only lacking the visual aspect. I get to enjoy wonderful music but also feel satisfied by clean sound at the same time.

It's largely a personality thing - I just don't like compromise on things that are important to me like music. I'd cheap out somewhat on something that isn't important to me like furniture probably. I want to contribute to shifting people's paradigm to not accepting bad audio. And myths like "good speakers cost more than good headphones" or "ultra expensive stuff is better than fairly expensive stuff" annoy me.

Top Bottom