• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

GimeDsp

Mini DSP ddrc 24.
I almost didn't by it because of the so-so testing but I'm glad I did.

GimeDsp

FWIW, 3 meter Evergreen actually lists at $69.95 so you got a better deal and the store still probably made 100%.
If you want a good laugh, read their catalog.

Belden 1505F RG-59/U Coaxial Cable 22 AWG Stranded Copper Conductor Dual Shield 75 Ohm Per ft. USA $0.82/foot . Good to about 3 GHz.:facepalm:
OOps. I meant 3.3ft, it retials for $50 so not so great a deal.

I wish the local HiFi store would carry USA made products that aren't hyped up with voodoo and BS.
I bought the AQ cable and went to the local HiFi store because I like supporting local small business.
It's too bad these salespeople beleive all the voodoo hype too!

Blew

SMSL M500
Originally I just wanted a simple DAC to use with desktop monitors but ended up realising that a headphones amp and headphones would provide a better experience. I bought Sennheiser HD-660S to go with it and am pretty happy with the result.

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
Add to my previous list : 2 Purifi 2-channel power amps :p - oh, and based on the Motu M4 review, an M2 :cool:

m8o

Forum Donor
GUSTARD DAC-X16
E1DA Power Dac / PDV2 (which technically wasn't the e1da dac reviewed tho I wish it would be; but with the unfiltered ultrasonic switching artifacts on the output I suspect it won't measure well)

Last edited:

lsferro

Forum Donor
My approach to audio is nowadays much in line with the principles of ASR. Therefore, while choosing a new DAC this year, it was only logical to check the extensive data available on Amir's reviews and measurements, as well as some of the discussions thereafter. I ended up getting the RME ADI-2 DAC FS for its good measurements and features.

Last edited:

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I got a Topping DX3Pro because of ASR's recommendation and I've been very happy with it!

Of course, I must admit I also got a matching Topping PA3 amplifier despite Amir finding it to be mediocre. :)

Had ASR existed 2-3 years earlier I probably would have bought many more recommended items. However, my audio gear collection was relatively "complete" by the time I found ASR. I have a number of things that could be upgraded, but doing so would be a lot of hassle for minor differences in audibility.

weasels

Recently got an Echo Link Amp for a secondary system.

Sounds great, lack of input switching control is frequently infuriating. The Alexa app is not good.

Unfortunately, I would probably not buy one again. I underestimated how annoying the app and lack of direct control would be.

Chuckv

Forum Donor
Focal Clear Headphones, Sabaj D5 Dac/amp (XLR), Etymotic ER2XR IEM. 30 years of disappointment in audio except for Legacy Audio (custom) speakers and a dual 10" sub. Thanks to ASR I can at least feel normal . Once in a while I get goosebumps. Shopping an amp.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
2019:
-Topping D10s (Dac)
-JDS Labs Atom (Headphone Amp)

2020 (so far):
-Genelec 8040B (Powered speakers)
-Topping E30 (Dac for Genelec)
-Ghent Audio (A01). RCA to RCA 7" cable (D10s to JDS Labs Atom).
-Ghent Audio (A15). XLR to RCA 10' cable (Genelec 8040B to Topping E30)

holbob

Recently sold my 8 year old Marantz AVR and speakers and have replaced them pretty much exclusively with advice and measurements from this forum (and elsewhere).

Raspberry Pi Streamer
Hifiberry digi+
Minidsp Nanodigi
Topping E30
Behringer A800
Elac Debut Reference DBR62

Speakers haven't arrived yet, looking forward to seeing what proper equalisation can do - only ever used Audyssey in the avr before.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Topping E30, ofcourse! :) Thanks Amir; I'm very happy with it.

phrwn

Sold Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt and bought Hidizs S8. Good switch, although the glitching of the S8 on the USB-C was irritating (remedied by moving to USB-A) and the digital volume buttons were too... stepped? Is that the word? Too much of a move.

So that's out and a iFi Micro Signature is on the way.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Well, well, well. Since I read ASR I've stopped to buy expansive gear. Better than that, I've sold a lot.

But, but, but... I've started to buy a lot of ChiFi... Last week it was the Gustard X16, and combo Topping E30 L30 (note sure in fact).

And, and, and, because of Solderdude, bought a K361 and K371. In fact 2 K361: it's the beauty of having many children, It offers a lot of occasions to buy something.

Top Bottom