• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

weasels

Now I can add to the list: Mackie MR824s and a focusrite 212 foy my kid's college apartment.

I have to say I am very impressed with the bang for the buck from the Mackies. My prior experience with them has been almost entirely negative (their lower end monitors typically available at music stores). I thought the MR824s were better sounding than the JBL308s (though I thought the JBL306s were the best sounding of the three but lacked the bass of the 8 inch versions and my kid loves bass).

JohnnyHonda

Forum Donor
RME ADI-2 DAC. Especially like the digital parametric equalizer. Also helped me to make the move to the KEF Wireless ii after review of the frequency response posted. Thanks Amir

mnotik

I was using a fostex hp-a3 until I found the ASR review....now I have Topping E30 & L30

didi

Based on Amirm's recommendations and reviews, I have bought Amazon Basics RCA cables, as well as the Benchmark RCA to XLR, and XLR to XLR cables. Amirm's reviews also made me buy a Topping d50, a Khadas Tone Board and a Topping d90 to use with the Benchmark AHB2 amplifier which I purchased also after Amirm measured it! After reading Amirm's review of the Topping L30 headphone amplifier, I ordered one and I am quite glad I did! I was an early buyer of Massdrop THX AAA amplifier (serial number 171) in 2018 and I was very glad to read Amirm's superlative review of it! I would always buy audio equipment which gets endorsed by him! I do trust his reviews, yet, as it is the case of Topping L30, I would like to learn about its crosstalk measurement! I wish Amirm could have measured Wharfedale D225 bookshelf loudspeakers, to see whether they live up to the manufacturer's specifications, as well as KEF Q950, which I currently use! Off the record, having Windows 10's distorsions and bandwidth (etc.) measured would be great, as well as Foobar 2000's! I still don't know whether Wasabi is superior to ASIO or viceversa! There should be differences between the two, though, which he can measure! That is also the case of the differences between the various DAC filters!
thumbnail.jpg

sgoldwin

Audio Company
My whole system is computer -> Topping D10 -> DIY Purifi / Hypex / Ghent power amp -> DIY SPK5 speakers. So, everything is due to ASR.

GimeDsp

I like your post, though we ask you to be honest here at ASR ...
HAHAHA,
I am being honest.
Because I know that all the voodoo of AQ is no good, when I was at a HiFi store and needed some RCA's I picked up the cheaptest AQ they had, called evergreen.
The guy at the HiFi store gave me a big discount so I paid $35 for a $50 3.3m RCA.
I really like the build and feel and I don't feel like I paid anymore than other RCA for that size.

So my claim was 50% sarcasm but 100% true :)

Last edited:

NgtFlyer

Topping E30 and L30 direct result of my seeing the reviews for them.
Satisfied? Absolutely!

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Indirectly influenced, intended as a measurement device:
A Focusrite Forte. I had to uphold my reputation as a glutton for punishment when it comes to sound devices with good hardware but lousy drivers. ;)
(It's not actually that bad but you do want ASIO I/O, and RMAA somehow does not set the sample rate correctly so you have to do that from Forte Control. Looks like I'll have to compile Audacity with ASIO again, last time I did that was about a decade ago if memory serves. The most major issues I've had were related to USB power, where it'll start to hiccup after a while, but it'll run happily for hours on the external power supply.)

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
A Topping E30 and a SMSL Scanscrit DAC. Both were retuned. But I would not of ever heard of SCHIIT or JDS, from whom I just bought products and am very happy.

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
HAHAHA,
I am being honest.
Because I know that all the voodoo of AQ is no good, when I was at a HiFi store and needed some RCA's I picked up the cheaptest AQ they had, called evergreen.
The guy at the HiFi store gave me a big discount so I paid $35 for a $50 3.3m RCA.
I really like the build and feel and I don't feel like I paid anymore than other RCA for that size.

So my claim was 50% sarcasm but 100% true :)

FWIW, 3 meter Evergreen actually lists at $69.95 so you got a better deal and the store still probably made 100%.
If you want a good laugh, read their catalog.

Belden 1505F RG-59/U Coaxial Cable 22 AWG Stranded Copper Conductor Dual Shield 75 Ohm Per ft. USA $0.82/foot . Good to about 3 GHz.:facepalm:

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Let’s add a March audio p452 to the list.

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have purchased the Motu M4 and two Hypex NC400s.

Top Bottom