• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

thexfile

Talking Heads from the white brick 2005.

talkingheads.jpg

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
An artist I found earlier this year, here in an older live session. I don't have the slightest clue what she's singing about (Basque famously qualifies as a language isolate), but man.
The Spanish part of the video description mentions "Songs tied to the intensity and fragility of life"... sure sounds like it.

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I'm listening to the train go by and it's a heavy one.
The tide is out and the ground is rumbling so loud I turned the music OFF.

Regards

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Spaces.png

Yosi Horikawa makes music quite unlike anything you’ve heard, music that reflects not only the appeal of rhythm and melodies but also the power and hidden musicality of everyday sounds. In that sense Horikawa is not just a producer or musician or sound artist: he is a world builder whose materials constantly surround us, though we rarely stop to appreciate them.

The album features 11 songs that combine field recordings and sound design with a range of stylistic touch points: the fluid intricacies of hip-hop, the precise efficacy of IDM, the euphoric physicality of dance music, the humanity of acoustic instrumentation. Each song blends a primary sound source with a certain style, with titles often hinting at the origins of the sounds – “Moldy Vinyl,” “Vietnam,” “Fluid,” “Swashers,” “Nubia” – or the mood the music evokes. Listening to this album is a fun ride!

Martini

Forum Donor
iu

Top Bottom