• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
1711326173338.png

Somafunk

Major Contributor
A bit of thunderous but very melodic synth led techno, this popped up in one of my tidal mixes, bloody excellent two tracks that fit well together on the album, yet more tracks that bring to mind worlds being created before my eyes.

Bleib

Major Contributor

A very short clip on how it's made:

Ghostofmerlin

Forum Donor
Listening to some Joe Strummer as I get ready to turn 50. I always always more of a Mick Jones guy when I was younger, but have grown to appreciate Joe more as I’ve aged. Mick was always a little more experimental, which is traditionally more my style really. Joe died at 50, which seemed eons ago at the time, but now seems a little frightening.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Listening to some Joe Strummer as I get ready to turn 50. I always always more of a Mick Jones guy when I was younger, but have grown to appreciate Joe more as I’ve aged. Mick was always a little more experimental, which is traditionally more my style really. Joe died at 50, which seemed eons ago at the time, but now seems a little frightening.
I was just listening to London Calling earlier today with a friend at work. ;)
We each commented how contrary to expectation that album feels.
Also, I just turned 50 a few___ ago.

*shrugs

Considering we’ve seen cantankerous old coots that shouldn’t still be alive thrive into their 90’s while healthy folk in their 30’s keel over…
I can’t put too much into the age question.

Tom Waits sang about ‘live hard and leave a good looking corpse’… yet he’s still here shopping at a local-ish grocery store! ;)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was just listening to London Calling earlier today with a friend at work. ;)
We each commented how contrary to expectation that album feels.
Also, I just turned 50 a few___ ago.

*shrugs

Considering we’ve seen cantankerous old coots that shouldn’t still be alive thrive into their 90’s while healthy folk in their 30’s keel over…
I can’t put too much into the age question.

Tom Waits sang about ‘live hard and leave a good looking corpse’… yet he’s still here shopping at a local-ish grocery store! ;)
You have me thinking about the Clash now. I must hear some!

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
London Calling has been my favorite album since I even really knew what music was.
Good album.

I was first introduced to two of Tom Waits more experimental works in Hang on St Christopher (Frank’s Wild Years) and Goin out West (Bone Machine) when I joined a local band back in school. I tracked down the whole albums as I was a music student.
For all the weird stuff I listened to, that sh!t was weird! :p
I didn’t like it.
Then a year later I’m buying up CDs. ;) He’s still one of my favorite artists I crave listening to.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Top Bottom