• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

DSJR

Major Contributor
This one heard on the original 30IPS half inch master was the beginning of the change from who I was in the audio scene to who I felt I became (not so much career but how I felt inside about 'stuff). It always sends shivers down my spine when I hear it and it doesn't matter the playback system....

Belgik

Hi folks out there! I've been trying, earlier today, to post on my phone...sorta fumbled and gave up but, after dinner, trying once more on the laptop. This afternoon, I got out my Stromae CD's, Stromae is a Belgian musician and, as far as I know, he recorded 3 albums. Of late, he's canceled all his tour dates, apparently due to ill health, I fear depression, possibly as a consequence of malaria medicine taken earlier in life.
His latest album, Multitude, was released back in 2022, extending the success of an earlier 2013 release, both musically outstanding. Stromae sings in the French language and, even if I'm very familiar with that idiom, the intimate meaning of the lyrics sometimes appear more profound than I can easily grasp, many references to his apparently contorted past, roots in Rwanda, and relation with father and mother... But it's the music that does it best for me: absolutely top class recording technique amply exhibited, clear African elements seamlessly interwoven with ...er... what is this musical style called? It's great modern music, please don't ask me to define the trends there, it's just phenomenally good. I'm not particularly fluent in setting up links to the current visual and musical media, in case you'd like to hear some of his work, I suggest to check it out on YouTube or one of the other musical providers.

DSJR

Major Contributor

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
How have I not run across this girl any sooner? She's definitely the real deal.
(Also, behold a MOTU M4 in its natural habitat.)

For reference, this is the album version:
I'm honestly not surprised that she got a major label deal. The days of opening for Mitski may not be for very long...

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From 2010 I think? Oblivion - March Rosetta

Top Bottom