• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

oceansize

Forum Donor
I went to see Alison Cotton last week and she played quite a few from this album, so revisting this; folky, drony, viola and vocals.

Bandcamp link

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
1657659886200.png

DSJR

Major Contributor
I'm deeply regressing to my childhood here while chilling this afternoon.

McGough & McGear (two thirds of The Scaffold) did a high as a kite 'hippy-trendy' album in 1968 when I was eleven. Most of it went over my head but seeped in nonetheless. I love it dearly now as the poetry makes some sense and deeply wish the recording techniques allowed a more spectacular image spread rather the clumped up and extreme pan-potted four tracks they probably had back then (recorded at Abbey Road I believe). Jimmy Hendrix was apparently on this track and the extreme pan potting does my head in on headphones, so be warned ;) I love the print-through at the very end just before the final chorus - so very 'analogue.'

DSJR

Major Contributor
One more, a bit more up to date

Katji

Major Contributor
Great mix, wonderful, trip back. :)

Love Injection with Barbie And Paul @ The Lot Radio 07-09-2022 [Brooklyn, NYC]
The Lot Radio

artworks-nFDJPzRtFFHo6U8d-4gNnZg-t500x500.jpg

Love Injection is a New York music and culture monthly fanzine in print since February 2015, founded by DJs, archivists, and audio enthusiasts Paul Raffaele and Barbie Bertisch. Their namesake record label launched in 2020. Avid record and audio enthusiasts, Paul is also an art director and Barbie writes and performs music with various projects.
loveinjection.nyc
IG: @loveinjection.nyc, @loveinjection.records, @barbiebertisch, @paulraffaele, @barbarelle_s
www.thelotradio.com
www.instagram.com/thelotradio

Tracklist:

Karl Berger & David Holland - Fragments (Sackville)
Mariano - Kalimba (Intuition)
Ashra - Blackouts (Virgin)
Clear Path Ensemble - Absolvo (Soundway)
Ron Trent presents WARM ft. Gigi Masin - Admira (Late Night Stories)
Mr. Fingers - Touch The Sky (Alleviated)
Azymuth - Remembering Milton (Milestone)
Harmonia - Gollum (Brain)
Jan Hammer - The Animals (Nemporer)
Yasushi Ide - New Beginning (Grand Gallery)
Larry Coryell - No One Really Knows (Vanguard)
Silver Apples - Misty Mountain (Kapp)
Peter Gordon & The Love Of Life Orchestra - Beginning Of The Heartbreak / Don't Don't (Infidelity)
Miroslav Vitous - Basic Laws (Warner)
The Rotary Connection - Love Has Fallen On Me (Cadet Concept)
Ramsey Lewis - Dear Prudence (Cadet)
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (The Detroit Mix) (TAMLA/Light In The Attic)
Dionne Warwick - Move Me No Mountain (Edit by Mr. K) (n/a)
Mongo Santamaria - Night Crawler (Atlantic)
Phil Manzanera - Big Dome (Editions EG)

https://soundcloud.com/thelotradio%2Flove-injection-with-barbie-and-paul-the-lot-radio-07-09-2022

1657732427678.png

1657732510157.png

https://www.instagram.com › thelotradio
Independent Online Radio Station streaming 24/7 from NYC thelotradio.com 17 Nassau Ave Brooklyn

Last edited:

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
OS0xODc2LmpwZWc.jpeg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I'm listening to the Livity Sound catalog.
I've made my way up to 2015...

Livity is a Label started by Bristol based producer Peverelist (Tom Ford) in 2011. Some of it is more Techno than I care for, but one thing that runs common through most of the Label's releases is a strong penchant for good Bass. Not always Infrasonic, but strong and low.

A worthwhile stop for anybody that enjoys Electronica and wants to give their Subs something to do. :D

Top Bottom