• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The EcoDrives are da Bomb! Zero-Maintenance and how can anyone complain about that?
Bought them as gifts a few times but never had the desire to own one. Maybe because, in daily life, I prefer zero electronic attachments on my body.
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Diver BN0150-28E
I only buy Citizen watches, since my first one saved my life when I was in the Navy. Someone tried to murder me by pushing me from 4th Deck Watch in the #1 reactor plant, and my watch band caught on a metal pole and held long enough for me to get a grip and pull myself up. Otherwise, I'd have plummeted to a very unpleasant death haha!
Don't get mad for pointing this out but it sounds like it was NOT your ProMaster that saved your arse while playing superman (w/o a flying cape)... it was the strap/band (and possibly the 2 pins) that you are not giving credit to...;)
BTW: Some band spring-pins are said to be "Heavy Duty".
FWIW: In case you plan-on any future capeless airborne events!

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought one of these for $85 a few days ago. Works great and has a very large display with month, day of week, day of month and year with time. It's all rubberized plastic stuff so it does not scratch stuff, does not cut off hair or pull hair and is very comfortable. I forget it is even there. I miss my old Seiko that I bought for ~$600 in 1984 but I don't miss replacing it's glass that cracked from time to time. I was very rough on it and used it for carpentry work, riding my dirt bikes, bucking up logs with the chainsaw and all sorts of swimming and diving stuff. Very tough watch it was. Now I use Timex stuff and replace it every 2-4 years dependent on the battery life or if a strap failure.
z t.png

Reactions: EJ3

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing, zip, nada. Watches are for people who have to be somewhere on time.
I sometimes use mine to time how long it takes me to [ummmm... errrrr....] drain at the urinal!
I impress myself :D if it takes longer than 63 seconds!
Bought one of these for $85 a few days ago. Works great and has a very large display with month, day of week, day of month and year with time. It's all rubberized plastic stuff so it does not scratch stuff, does not cut off hair or pull hair and is very comfortable. I forget it is even there. I miss my old Seiko that I bought for ~$600 in 1984 but I don't miss replacing it's glass that cracked from time to time. I was very rough on it and used it for carpentry work, riding my dirt bikes, bucking up logs with the chainsaw and all sorts of swimming and diving stuff. Very tough watch it was. Now I use Timex stuff and replace it every 2-4 years dependent on the battery life or if a strap failure.
What? You have to be somewhere on time and soon?:facepalm:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Batman fans be duly notified!
202210_UndoneBatmanWatches.jpg
<< Link (but fishy)
I missed out on the BubbleWatch "Joker" (below), and will be missing out on this "1/2" joker (above) too!
202210_CorumJoker01.jpg

Personally, I'll be on the look out for this Corum 'moon-drop' bubble-model but I can find better use for my $5k:
202210_CorumMeliesMoon.jpg
Unique/rare!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you forget about the 76th element in your periodic chart of elements?
Did you forget that it is the 'densest' (22.59 g/cm3 ) of all elements?
Did you also forget that it is the among the most rarest of elements on earth?
Did you also forget that each one bears some NFT like structural signature that makes each piece unique and traceable?
I certainly did! This is what I thought it was.
202211_Ozium.jpg

You may be wondering what a pop-quiz got to do with price of rice in China or timepieces…:rolleyes:
202211_HublotClassicFusionTourbillonFirmament-1.jpg

This is the Hublot (Classic FusionFirmament-1) Tourbillon with Osmium.;)

Gary_G

Bought one of these after getting my pilots license. Subsequently stolen and was never replaced.

Attachments

• T50101B01 (1).jpg
    T50101B01 (1).jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 65

nick-v

Picked this guy up yesterday on Jomashop's mega New Years Sale for cheap.

I don't mind the SS bracelet, but I'm planning on mostly wearing it with a dark brown leather strap. Looking forward to their arrival.

mido-belluna-ii-chronograph-automatic-mens-watch-m024.427.11.031.00-.jpg
mido-belluna-ii-chronograph-automatic-mens-watch-m024.427.11.031.00-_2.jpg
mido-belluna-ii-chronograph-automatic-mens-watch-m024.427.11.031.00-_3.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I did not not give/get a fast-charge plug-in hybrid version... maybe next year;)

nick-v

No, I decided my ~30 watches were enough ...
I've been going in the other direction. Over the past few months I've sold off about 4-5 watches that I wasn't wearing anymore, so I treated myself to the Mido above which will become my main brown shoes/brown belt watch (with a dark brown leather strap). I still have another couple for sale, then I'll treat myself to a black case/black dial/black strap Hamilton Khaki Field Day Date Chronograph once they're gone.

hamilton-khaki-field-day-date-automatic-men_s-watch-h71626735.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been going in the other direction. Over the past few months I've sold off about 4-5 watches that I wasn't wearing anymore, so I treated myself to the Mido above which will become my main brown shoes/brown belt watch (with a dark brown leather strap). I still have another couple for sale, then I'll treat myself to a black case/black dial/black strap Hamilton Khaki Field Day Date Chronograph once they're gone.

hamilton-khaki-field-day-date-automatic-men_s-watch-h71626735.jpg
Does something in this model come in self illuminating dial and arm indicators. I don't know the terms for this stuff but I know I like radioactive illuminated watches. I was looking at my digital watch the other night and thinking something like a Seiko that I had that was radioactive might be better at my age. It's just better and more cool I figure.

MarkS

Major Contributor
Radioactive tritium-illuminated watches are relatively rare. Companies that specialize in them include Nite, Traser, Luminox, Deep Blue, and Marathon. All use tritium tubes from the only company in the world that makes them, RC Tritec in Switzerland.

Seiko has very good fluorescent "lume" (as we WIS* call it), as do many other brands, but it has to be charged by light exposure (a UV flashlight works wonders), and then fades over the next few hours.

*WIS = watch idiot savant, a self-depricating term commonly used at http://forums.watchuseek.com

Top Bottom