• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vote: Which Headphones Should I Get Rid Of?

Which headphones should I get rid of?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I do variations on Stronglifts 5x5, I've got my own power cage. I must say though that I've been using it sparsely for the past 2yrs and not at all for the past 3 months, but I'm still the same weight & not fat.....just gotta start it again.

That barbell isn't going to lift itself. ;)

Today is snatch practice for me, as I have a meet in May.

IMG_2345.JPG

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Neck and neck between the HE-400i and AKG K7XX...

Whichever I get rid of, I need to find a charitable cause to donate the losing cans to.
I think you should send the K7XX to @amirm to measure, then maybe he could donate them for you.

bigguyca

Well then I wouldn't have any to use and my wife will get mad when I want to play music late at night.

Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about your headphones. I just don't like to use headphones.

The reviews of headphones here on ASR seem a waste of time, but to each his own.

Our house is designed such that it is very difficult (or impossible) to hear music or movie audio from the bedrooms.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about your headphones. I just don't like to use headphones.

The reviews of headphones here on ASR seem a waste of time, but to each his own.

Our house is designed such that it is very difficult (or impossible) to hear music or movie audio from the bedrooms.

I don't like them either, nor are they my main modality.

But they're cheaper than buying a new house with a different layout.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That barbell isn't going to lift itself. ;)

Today is snatch practice for me, as I have a meet in May.

View attachment 110910
I think you've motivated me to get back into the power cage today!

He still hasn't measured the Pi DAC I sent him.

Besides, he's just going to send the K7XX back to me, and then I'm back to where I started.
Just send them, it's your civil duty! In fact drive them over to him and then using your trained strength give him a hand moving the heavy speakers up to a holding room near the testing room, and then maybe build him a log cabin in the garden to house the excess speakers if you've got any energy left over! I'm sure in return he'd at least measure you Pi DAC and give it back to you whilst you're there.....fair deal!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I didn't vote as I have no knowledge of the listed cans except for the Sennheisers.
All I could add is that the vote tally reflects my opinion, never sell the Senn HD6xx
Not the worlds best phones for sure, but my factory HD 650's have been the ones I found "plenty good enough".
Enough so that I wouldn't consider spending any more for something else.
Also I'd hate to count the number of people I read on HeadFi's main 650 thread of folks that have sold their 650s for something else 3,4, and 5 times, only to turn around and buy another set. LOL
YMMV

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I didn't vote as I have no knowledge of the listed cans except for the Sennheisers.
All I could add is that the vote tally reflects my opinion, never sell the Senn HD6xx
Not the worlds best phones for sure, but my factory HD 650's have been the ones I found "plenty good enough".
Enough so that I wouldn't consider spending any more for something else.
Also I'd hate to count the number of people I read on HeadFi's main 650 thread of folks that have sold their 650s for something else 3,4, and 5 times, only to turn around and buy another set. LOL
YMMV

Just don't vote. Love it, Sal. :)

(Polls are rigged anyway)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why keep something I don't use when I can give it to someone else who may get more use out of it?
Realistically, will you ever listen to more than one pair? Maybe 2 (open and closed) so ditch the 400 and 7xx. Job done, let's go to the pub.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Realistically, will you ever listen to more than one pair? Maybe 2 (open and closed) so ditch the 400 and 7xx. Job done, let's go to the pub.

The K371 are worth keeping even if I'm not overly fond of their sound for travel purposes because they're collapsible.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom