• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vote: Which Headphones Should I Get Rid Of?

Which headphones should I get rid of?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm inordinately fond of the K371s, but think the 6xx pair is more 'truthful'. Haven't heard the other two.

The HE-400i need to be EQ'ed, but Amir has measured them and made a profile.

Ergonomically, they're my least favorite because they make my ears hot after about 45 min. I also continually yank the cheap connecting cord out of the cans, which never happens on the Senns or AKGs.

I find the 6XX to be very comfortable, can wear them for hours, just with the stock pads.

Robin L

Master Contributor
The HE-400i need to be EQ'ed, but Amir has measured them and made a profile.

Ergonomically, they're my least favorite because they make my ears hot after about 45 min. I also continually yank the cheap connecting cord out of the cans, which never happens on the Senns or AKGs.

I find the 6XX to be very comfortable, can wear them for hours, just with the stock pads.
Seems like any number of headphones can be made to sound good with the right eq.
I'd say with this group, comfort is likely to spark more joy.

samwell7

And then get rid of which?
Copied from post #19 "I voted HE-400, I figured with the K371 (closed back), K7xx (wiiiiiide soundstage) and HD6xx (more intimate, speaker-like) you've got enough differences there.

Edit: thought the HD6xx was based off the 600 not the 650, changed 'neutral' to 'speaker-like'"

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
They remind the domestics that I am a man of higher learning and taste.

They look like a $5 grab bag of assorted 2nd hand books interior designers install when staging homes for sale. HeHe. ;)

Robin L

Master Contributor
They remind the domestics that I am a man of higher learning and taste.
And the cool thing is, you don't have to actually read them: "Proust? In French? I had no idea!"

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Howzabout...

1611466922391.png

Top Bottom