• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB HUB, with Linear Power Supply on HUB?

j19861986

Read the headline
Will the devices connected to hub, then be Linear Power Supplied?
I have USB DACs with only data/power in one. So expensive with USB Disruptor that I have found.

Regards
Johan Taunajik

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It depends on the hub, but it won't matter to a properly designed DAC anyway. What's the problem you're trying to solve?

OP
J

j19861986

I got a budget CX650M PSU, would like to get abit less noise floor.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I got a budget CX650M PSU, would like to get abit less noise floor.
Using a Corsair CX650M is a B I G power supply for a USB hub. Not sure the noise floor issue even exists in the first place.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Using a Corsair CX650M is a B I G power supply for a USB hub. Not sure the noise floor issue even exists in the first place.
I'd guess it's being used to power the source PC, not just the USB hub;) It's probably not the source of any problem though.

@j19861986 can you describe the noise you're wanting to reduce, or post a recording? It might help in identifying the cause - we're suffering from a major lack of information. Also details of the system - what's connected to what, how it's connected, and which bits are connected to mains ground.

OP
J

j19861986

Hi
Long time not being here
I finally got the HUB and Linear Power Supply on it, it works flawlessly, mush clearner audio output on this one, (I also have my own filters for DRC, that also works nicely), I have learned audio to my ears quite well. HEHE.

If you want to purchase USB HUB With Linear Power Supply:
The USB HUB from Ali express site: Here (Text Linked)
And USB Power Cord (from usb to universal power cord): Here (Linked)
Linear Power Supply: Here (This or own)
If have it (now), you must insert power cord to usb hub and then insert hub to computer...

Last edited:

Thalis

I just use a D-Link 4 port HUB with a SMPS 5V 2A powering it and it has 3 DACs connected simultaneously...... used to have 4 :). No issues with noise whatsover. It did solve one problem... Behringer Xenyx 302USB will start to produce lots of noise after a while if i just use the laptop USB power... now it runs like a charm... very clean.

Top Bottom