• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a power supply with multiple jacks

withoutsuit

Hey folks,

I´m looking for a solution to get rid of the several external power supplys. I simply don´t like these mass of wallchargers and would like to subsitute them with one or two power supply devices (so only one cable to the wall plug). Ideally with the option of several 12V 5,5/2.1mm and maybe 5V USB-Outputs.

I came across of linear power supplys, offering this options. Something like these devices:

But: they are pretty expensive and linear powersupplys. As far as I´ve read, switching power supplys are more efficient and mostly better, even more, that linear power supplys may be harmful when it comes to noise? So i dont care about "high-end" linear power supplys, I only want to get rid of these mess of wall plugs.... The last one from topping looks very promising with USB 5V-Charger and DC 5.5/2.1mm jack output but unfortunately 15V and not 12V (and only one jack). The first one from audiophonics looks also ok, but has only two outputs and no 5V-Option. Moreover I don´t fully understand the difference between the first and second one, both are 12V linear power supplys, but one of them is 79 € and the other one 279 € - probably the power delivery 1,25 A vs. 5 A.

Do you have other suggestions?

Regards,

Paul

radix

Major Contributor

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I´m looking for a solution to get rid of the several external power supplys. I simply don´t like these mass of wallchargers and would like to subsitute them with one or two power supply devices (so only one cable to the wall plug).
While the motivation is understandable, actually going ahead with this could really backfire. You would generally be giving up the galvanic isolation provided by having individual wall warts, which may pose a problem when they are going to devices with unbalanced audio connections between them.

If it's mainly the clutter that is bothering you, you could put all the wall warts in a box with a power strip or two and just have their cables coming out... or generally just put more effort into cable management. The power supplies don't all have to be in a rat's nest on the floor.

Top Bottom