• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I’m definitely very understanding of science and understand it a lot better than you do given my level of education. For you to use words like stalker, scientific gibberish and rebuking remarks clearly demonstrate that you lack character sophistication. But then again, what else can one expect from a Cross-Bread American mongrel
Cross-Bread, hot cross bun?
Keith

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Yeah let's ban idiots. All the people that don't get it. Great idea.
Well TBH it's not usually necessary to ban the idiots. They simply don't survive very long in an intelligent environment that logically takes apart their arguments. They have no ability to respond, usually become abusive as a defense, then disappear of their own accord.

QMuse

Major Contributor

There is a difference between folks who don't understand and "idiots". Although both groups have app same level (or lack of) knowledge the former will ask questions and be willing to learn accepting the answers but the latter will make false statements and refuse to be corrected.

For that reason you shouldn't put them all in one basket. ;)

mansr

Major Contributor
I said idiot. Singular. The particular specimen encountered above has a habit of ruining perfectly good threads by incessantly spouting nonsense and insults at such a rate that any sane discussion becomes impossible. Thankfully, he seems to have gone away on his own this time.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I said idiot. Singular. The particular specimen encountered above has a habit of ruining perfectly good threads by incessantly spouting nonsense and insults at such a rate that any sane discussion becomes impossible. Thankfully, he seems to have gone away on his own this time.

Exactly. There is a reasonable way to engage and challenge beliefs. Even then that doesn't always go over well with the subjective crowd. Look what happens when you ask the question that destroys a subjective argument:

1587133135411.png

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Exactly. There is a reasonable way to engage and challenge beliefs. Even then that doesn't always go over well with the subjective crowd. Look what happens when you ask the question that destroys a subjective argument:

View attachment 59099
It won't be that one instance, for reasons already discussed on a few occasions certain people feel harassed by these sorts of questions.

You are ruining their fun / buzz / self touching.

The same thing can happen here but in reverse.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe they are just a product of an abusive environment? I mean the modern Audiophool Stool.

I've lurked there for years - long before it changed from Computer Audio (a pretty decent site) to the "Grab the Moola" name change by the Conman, and then to the Putsch when people with technical understanding of reality pointed out the problems with the DogBone EtherDeGen device and the consumer fraud involved to today, where slithering subjectivists crawl the site like zombies, and popup ads for crap and "sponsored" censored threads suck in the unaware.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
It drives me crazy, but it's a short drive...

Oldbigears

OK apparently we're not allowed to ban people who don't meet our levels of expertise. That's a shame.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK apparently we're not allowed to ban people who don't meet our levels of expertise. That's a shame.

That’s silly. But, it is appropriate to ban people who have no desire to learn anything new or to contribute in any way except for trying to troll those who do.

wwenze

Major Contributor

Of course not. Imagine how quiet this forum would be if the requirement to speak involves either a Ph.D. in scalar waves, being an authority in quantum purification or cyrocrystal lattices, or 20 minutes of reading facebook posts of why the Earth is flat.

Oldbigears

That’s silly. But, it is appropriate to ban people who have no desire to learn anything new or to contribute in any way except for trying to troll those who do.

I agree. Some people simply won't acknowledge the facts. They insist on trotting out their personal experiences. Who cares what they think music sounds like?

Oldbigears

Of course not. Imagine how quiet this forum would be if the requirement to speak involves either a Ph.D. in scalar waves, being an authority in quantum purification or cyrocrystal lattices, or 20 minutes of reading facebook posts of why the Earth is flat.

I'm sure we have enough fully qualified contributors on here to keep the level of debate up to the standards set by our leader?

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It drives me crazy, but it's a short drive...
Just occurred to me that I never worried about which car I took to go CD shopping. Now that I realize transferring data frames is tricky in audioland, I have second thoughts about the integrity of the data sectors I brought to my home. Should l have used the fat black car or the nimble one? But I hear there is a fix for my carelessness: where do l buy that magic pen?

Top Bottom